Centre Muffler Removal Problems

XR6T_ENVY

• Member For: 16y 10m 4d

The other day I had my centre muffler removed and replaced with straight through pipes. After it was done I noticed the exuast was looking a little crooked. I think it's missing one of the rubber mounts that hold the exhaust on. Does anyone know where to buy these from? Or even what kind to get?

Also since I had the muffler replaced I have noticed my T drives differently. It feels like it's lost power and it feels like it's almost confused as to where to apply power while driving. The accel response has deteriorated a bit too. Is this something that can be fixed easily? Or will I need to get an edit to fix it? I didn't think a little mod like this would have any effect on the ECU.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 26d

Hey mate you should be able to pick up any of those rubber mounts from an exhaust shop. As for the car driving differently I didn't notice mine doing that but I did have an edit at the time. Taking out the centre muffler shouldn't affect the car that much cause as you said it is only a minor mod.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 2d

if the pipes that replace the muffler are slightly longer I think that would angle it over to one side. I have exactly the same thing with mine after I replaced the centre section with a muffler-less one from a bf. the tips also stick ~5 cm futher out of the bumper.

if the pipes that replace the muffler are slightly longer I think that would angle it over to one side. I have exactly the same thing with mine after I replaced the centre section with a muffler-less one from a bf. the tips also stick ~5 cm futher out of the bumper.

Yeah, that's exactly what has happened to me. It pokes out AND it's a bit wonky looking. I just booked it in to have the rubber mount put on. And I am getting a new exhaust tip put on too just for good measure. Thanks for the help.

PEACE!

Hey mate you should be able to pick up any of those rubber mounts from an exhaust shop. As for the car driving differently I didn't notice mine doing that but I did have an edit at the time. Taking out the centre muffler shouldn't affect the car that much cause as you said it is only a minor mod.

Oh hey. Yeah, it's not a massive change in the performance. It just seems a little tired now. No complaints though, the pipes sound awesome! I'm very happy with them. I am getting an edit soon too anyway so hopefully that will fix the problem. Did you get a custom edit after putting the pipes in yours?

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 2d

I should have mentioned in my other post that I am 99% sure that I have all the rubber mounts still on mine. I will be checking for sure tomorrow but, so if you want to wait before bookin it in, I will get back to you on whether it will make any difference.

99% sure mine are all on correctly but.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 26d
Oh hey. Yeah, it's not a massive change in the performance. It just seems a little tired now. No complaints though, the pipes sound awesome! I'm very happy with them. I am getting an edit soon too anyway so hopefully that will fix the problem. Did you get a custom edit after putting the pipes in yours?

yeah I justgot a tidy up tune which fixed any imperfections up.

yeah I justgot a tidy up tune which fixed any imperfections up.

Thanks dude. You don't needa check. I'm taking it in to get the tip changed anyway so it won't cost anything to have another look. And I'll be getting a tune soon too so it'll all work out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 18y 10m 23d

no doubt this is sorted now - but one thing you can try is disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes or so to have the system "forget" its settings, when you reconnect the adaptive learning should be all refreshed and ready to start learning with the changes that have been made to the back pressure

Hope this makes sense

• 2 weeks later...