Traction Control Light On After Flash

Dans XR6 Turbo

• Member For: 17y 7m 22d

Hi guys,

I just got my capa tuner... :blink:

Problem is (or maybe its not)...my traction control light has come on and I can not make it go away by pushing the button on the dash. Is this because having traction control on during boost ( P2 is 8lb and P3 is 10lb), can blow things up? Is this why they program it into the tune so to protect diffs etc.

Appreciate any help.

• Cruise Control
  • Member For: 18y 3m 22d

Mate this was a problem early with the edit but is fixed now,take it back to your tuner and he can fix it in 2min or it will happen every time you give it stick and the only way to turn it off is to turn off ignition and on again

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 19y 3m 12d

With really OLD tunes (say 2 years ago), there were issues with the TC disabling itself when the car was given wot. The TC tuning was wrong and if the rear wheels spun (which is the tendency with an Edit'd car), it would disable itself as it couldn't control the wheelspin. Only solution was turn the engine off and then restart again untill next bootful =)

Take the "flasher box" back to your tuner, and request he modify the program, unless you have other hardware issues with the ABS Sensors or similar.

PS: Traction Control still appears to not work so well at 100km/h in the wet. Be warned!