New Speed Camera Cars In Victoria

xrdreaming

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 26d

I thought the idea of speed camera's was to slow people down?

people aren't gonna slow down if they dont know there is a camera there are they? purely revenue raising..

VERY cheeky tactic that one..

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 4d
I thought this was BS but a cop car pulled up the other day and I was talking to the speed camera operator and and policeman who confirmed that he can ask us to move.

Public street.....I'd like to see it hold up in court....wouldnt want to try though.....which is where they've got you....

Park the ute behind the fcker next time he's there with a big ass sign hanging of the back of the ute "REVENUE RAISING AHEAD!!" :innocent:

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 4d

:spoton:

I have a picture somewhere of a cop sound asleep while "monitoring" a speed camera in sydney about 10 years ago.

If there was a camera car in my street I would park behind them with a huge sign. They cannot do anything, unless they admit that they are doing it purely for revenue.

I

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 4m 1d
He is averaging 5 cars a minute at the moment on a down hill piece of road.

Thought they weren't allowed to get people travelling downhill, maybe that's only an ACT thing.

Obviously an unmarked civillian vehicle with no warning signs has nothing to do with road safety and everything to do with revenue raising. :yikes:

• Weird Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 14d
Thought they weren't allowed to get people travelling downhill, maybe that's only an ACT thing.

Obviously an unmarked civillian vehicle with no warning signs has nothing to do with road safety and everything to do with revenue raising. :stupid:

Not anymore Rosco....what about the revenue cameras just installed on the long downhill stretch of the parkway?

• Member For: 17y 2m 16d

up here in QLD where I live, the cameras are always taking the picture from behind. :3gears: A friend of mine said they were not allowed to go front on anymore due to privacy issues. Such as if you get a ticket in the mail and the picture shows the sexy blonde in your front passenger seat that's not your wife or GF.... imagine the sh*t hit the fan when your wife sees it... even though your innocent, she was just a work collegue getting a lift home coz her car broke down etc... honest I swear honey!

bet the polllies got done a few time themselves...

so yeah, I NEVER see them going front on anymore...

Edited by groper

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 12d
A wheelie bin perhaps?

Does someone sit in the car while it's operating?

That's how I tell, if I am on-coming to it and see a sus grill (more blockish than usual) or I am coming up from behind and see a sus car parked to the side of the road with plenty if viewing space infront of him, I check to see if someone is sitting in the passenger seat and no-one in the drivers seat. They usually sit in the passenger seat, I think, because more room to stretch out with the mags/paper whilst they while the time away. I think it's all automatic, so they can just amuse themselves for the period they are parked. And there is usually only one - the fining authorities can't afford to pay for 2 of 'em to read the paper :sleepystuff:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 28d

My mates dad is one of those revenue raising guys..... He gives us the heads up sometimes when we're goin out... If I remember correctly every month he gets a paper sorta like a roster of what streets to set up at and times etc....

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 29d
Park the ute behind the fcker next time he's there with a big ass sign hanging of the back of the ute "REVENUE RAISING AHEAD!!" :stirthepot:

Could it be considered as hindering police? Im not too sure myself.

NSW RTA currently seeking aproval for the same type of setup, using unmarked cars with mounted speed cameras and no signage.