Fuel Filter Change Highly Recomended

• Member For: 11y 8m 27d

changed mine in my ba xr6t today, I used a transgold filter from ebay...cheap I know but did not leak at all! anyway, the old one was on there for about 15 000k's and when blowing through it it was a little resticted....still flowed through way easy so I was not expecting any improvement but I had to go out about 6 hours after I did it and I forgot all about doing it lol....so when I dorve it I was wondering why it responsive and smoother.I can definally feel a difference up high and just on take off........the old one still seemed fine though!

must not take much to clog these

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • Member For: 11y 3m 6d

Tried to change my fuel filter on my FG MKII thought it would be a 2 min job the rear bolt undone easily but the front bolt was a mother f@#ker it was tightened up sooo tight I totally shagged the hex so I got the vice grips on to it and it finally undone I unscrewed it half way and it stoped it would not screw out so the hex was stuffed I got a new fuel line for $31 from my local ford dealer and reinstalled it with a ryco fuel filter it fitted up orsm no leaks so I ended up putting the stock filter in the vice and managed to unscrew the bolt and found that the thread in the filter was poorly machined it wasn't cut deep enough causing the thread peaks on the bolt to be flattened out.IMG_1785_zps4c5e8525.jpg