Airbag Suspension

XF Falcon

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 5m 11d

Hi all

Always wanted to put airbag suspension in one of my cars, and seeing that the XR6T needs lowering it was suggested to me today by wrxrw to slap airbags into the T.

Has anyone fitted them to their car, or advises me not to do it, or knows of places which sell good kits..etc (all the places I've found on the net have only kits for commodores and hiluxes/rodeos).

Cheers!

• TEAM BA
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 12d
(all the places I've found on the net have only kits for commodores and hiluxes/rodeos).

and you still want to fit them... :spoton:

the T all ready handles like a boat why would you want to make it worse with airbags?

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 5m 11d

Because its something I've always wanted to do on a car, plus its a nice feature to be able to adjust the ride height on the fly.. plus its different. Its hard to make these cars stand out from the crowd.. they just seem to blend in with every other BA/BF out there on the road (unlike modified older cars)

I am however after opinions from people, to see if its worth doing (ie. if the car will become too floaty and stuff like that) so that I can make an educated decision on persuing the idea or just installing low springs.

Edited by Dagabond

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 22d

Like I said yesterday I reckon it would look mad :spoton:

Only thing I'm not sure about is how it would handle them

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 28d

ask dean, his mate has them in a vz ute..

I've never been in it but the ride is pretty harsh when they aren't pumped up.

not sure that it is legal in a sedan, and you defn cant get them in the front.

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 22d

ahh yeah, that blue VZ ss, I loved it when he dumped it the rims were sitting a good couple of inches under the wheel arch, looked insane

Yeah it looks mint but it drives like :pooh:

When the bags are dropped, the ride is so harsh it gives you a headache but when they're pumped up it feels like your on the water... swaying from left to right :buttrock:

If you're willing to put up with a crappy drive then I'd say get them but if you want to keep drivability, I'd say get coilovers.

As for pricing, my mate payed nearly $6k from memory but that was from pedders who are renowned for being overpriced. Tech9tyres in Spearwood do them front and rear with all switches and the compressor/tank etc for under $5k fitted, which is by far the best price I've seen for a fitted kit. Just go in and tell them Shane with the blue VZ SS sent you and they'll look after you. They can show you their kit fitted to a VY sedan as well so you can get a better idea on how it looks/works.

Good luck :spit:

• KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member For: 17y 11m 16d

Id like bags, not for going lower(which my car couldnt get any lower) but to raise it when im at a set of lights and want to run. So I get a better launch and traction, and then once ive chopped em I can just hit switch and back to normal, :spoton:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 13d
Id like bags, not for going lower(which my car couldnt get any lower) but to raise it when im at a set of lights and want to run. So I get a better launch and traction, and then once ive chopped em I can just hit switch and back to normal, :spoton:

is this to beat that 1.6ltr gemini?