Transmax Z For Zf 6h26

F6_Tornado

• F6+300+
  • Member For: 19y 5m 12d

Just got a call from my Tech mate at Castrol and they finally have officially stated that once out of Warranty you can use CASTROL TRANSMAX Z full synthetic oil in the six speed Auto box which is great news as its ½ the price of ZF oil.

They do however state that this oil should only be used once the vehicle is out of Warranty and under normal operations this oil should be good for 100,000km min but as we stretch the HP we should look to frequent oil changes.

They also recommend when hammering it to change @ 5,000km or after each time you drag race it or do track work (straight after or like the next day). That’s about $12~$15 a litre compared to ZF $26 per litre. As high as $60 @ litre at some places!!!!

If you don’t have access to the Castrol Lubrication/Application Guide then you should find one at your local car parts shop like AutoBarn etc. Must be the latest edition!!!

Enjoy

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• F6+300+

:stupid: Ooops!!

Allen should have dropped by I have a 20litre drum of genuine ZF oil here at work $550 he would have been welcome to 8 litres.

Tranzmax Z only cost me @ $220 for 20 litres so even better I think Woooooooooooooooooooooooo I just need to sus out a good simple way to flush my trans out without wasting to much ahahahhahahah

• Member For: 17y 9m 15d

Hey guys,

When do you reccomend I change the oil I've got 18 clicks on the phoon and the ZF gets belted often, should I look to change it now and would anyone be able to change the oil, anything I need to keep in mind if I visit the local mechanic with the Castrol in hand?

• F6+300+

If your belting it then the sooner the better especially if you belt it in 3rd and above as that’s where most slippage and heat occurs.

Keep in mind the Pan/Filter needs doing regular as well.

Id say from looking at mine and the others I’ve done that I will start doing mine @ 5,000 and see how it goes from there. I run @ 350rwks so its working its ring off.

I know at my rwkws it wont do 15,000 ..no way infact 5,000 at that hp might just make it if I drive hard. so the Castrol Reps recomendations is probably close.

• F6+300+

That sounds like a plan!!! Problem is the hard cover won't close hahahahahhaha

Getting the 8 litres out especially the converter is a worry and I hate mixing oils so I might do one change to Z and then do a 100k's and do it again. Mmmmm Still way cheaper than 1 oil change with ZF oil.

:surrenderwave:

• Crusty aviator
  • Member For: 19y 10m 1d

Steady as she goes me hearties.

The Transmax Z on the 4 speed caused significantly higher wear rates than the recommended TQ95 and I have resumed usng the latter; whether this applies to the ZF not too sure but I'd recommend staying with the manufacturers recommended for that reason alone.

Dingah