New Upper/lower Grille Installed

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 5m 10d

Cool thanks mate. Sorry didn't mean to make it sounds like its the mesh's fault :) It sure is a great product :) :)

Ok so you recommend tapping a thread and sticking a bolt through it? I'm assuming that would involve getting someone to mark out the middle of the holes while I push up the bumper as high as I can... then removing the bumper, drilling out the holes, then tapping them, then putting the bumper back on and then finally putting the bolt into the new holes?

Cheers.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• <put funny sh*t here>
No NO NO the bumper stays on the holes are already their just lift the jumper up and a line the holes and tap 6mm and use 6mm bolts to tight them 5 min job if your not sure call me

Ah ok then. So the metal (chasis?) already has the holes in it, but they are just plain holes which have no thread in them. So I'm assuming you use a tapping tool which is long enough to reach inside the bumper holes and get to the metal (they are like 10cm deep inside the bumper arent they). Then its just a matter of getting the bolts with a socket set with an extender bar then its all done? Sounds pretty straight forward then (just need to find someone with a tapping tool :) )

Seventytwo, heres a pic in the daylight http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b378/198...newgrille06.jpg

And Toxic Beast yeah its a bit of a shame hiding it all, but since I'll be keeping the black stock cooler for a while, there isnt really too much to show off anyway hehe. I'm going for the 'sleeper' look - if you can call it that.

• <put funny sh*t here>

Thanks for the advice THEMESHMAN260. I didn't have available a 6mm tapping tool, so instead my bro-inlaw had some 6mm self tapping screws which he uses. I lifted the bumper up as far as I could so that the holes lined up, and he just screwed them straight in. Very easy, simple, and its lifted it up heaps. Its not sitting up as high as I would like but its definitely made a huge improvement, thanks heaps mate.