New Upper/lower Grille Installed

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 5m 16d
Yeah Looks COOL!!!! :sick: How long did it take you to do it I.e was it easy?

Did the upper grille in about 20 mins during my lunch break, because while it was off I cleaned the bits you cant get to normally. Very easy to install. As for the lower grille, it took about 45 mins all up. The grille comes with some self tappers, so instead of just using a screw driver and screwing straight into the metal I used a drill to make a smaller hole first then screwed into that. However the drill/bits I used were CRAP (broke a few bits... its strong metal!) and it made the job 10x as hard and as long as it should have. I also took 10 mins making sure it was all lined up perfectly and symmetrical....etc, and put some grease into the new holes in an attempt to cover any bare metal to prevent rusting. Also very easy to install, but a bit more fiddly that's for sure.

However all up, without mucking around around it could easily be completed in under 30 minutes. Or even quicker if you've installed one before.

• Oh look.... a real car, with no hair dryer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 14d

Was thinking about putting these onto my undercoat T as well but I wasnt sure how good it would look. Now that I know it looks sensational I think I better place an order :gaysex:

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 28d

looks nice mate!

You still have your rear badges off? if so now no-one can see whether it's a turbo or not even from the front :P

• <put funny sh*t here>

Yup badges aint going on anytime soon, and yeah I just looked in the light and yup the intercooler is "invisible" now. Maybe one day when it gets a nice big chrome cooler you might see it?

• <put funny sh*t here>

Hmmm I'm not sure how, but I've noticed the front bumper seems to sag a lot more than it did before fitting the grilles.

My theory is the fact that the grille goes in between the body and that white stuff behind the bumper, that its pushed the bumper out and downwards a little bit - thus making it sag a bit more.

I really gotta find out how to raise these bumpers back up again. Theres a thread on it already but if someones done it before and has "how to" photos or a guide that would be great :P

• Member For: 20y 3m 13d

Easy fixed, all you have to do is remove the licence plate and you will see 2 plastic holes, in thoughs 2 plastic holes you will see 2 smaller holes inside, lift the bumper up and aline all the holes and tap a 6mm thread and run bolts through it and that will hold the bumper up. It's not the grills that doing it, it 's just that the series 1 BF they did not put the bolts in to hold the bumper up. and now they are doing it because the bumpers are dropping.