How Many Kilometres Have You Clocked Up?

HellionXR6T

• 3 months later...
  • Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 28d
On 17/09/2011 at 11:56 PM, arronm said:

My F6 is about to clock up 28000. I only thrash it mostly on the weekends.

On 23/12/2011 at 0:38 PM, arronm said:

Just about to clock 29000 in my F6

On 26/07/2013 at 11:55 AM, arronm said:

32850 now. Gee Iam really clocking the Ks up.

On 21/04/2014 at 1:35 PM, arronm said:

33741 now.

36600 now. Interior still smells new. 10 years old  8/15

7/16 been really clocking them up in the last year.

IMG_7836_zpspteqccvq.jpg

Just clocked up the BIG number. 3/17

IMG_2402_zpskjsa0qyw.jpg

Edited by arronm

• Member For: 8y 2m 22d
On 15/11/2016 at 7:56 AM, Spoony said:
 Really lots of those things you listed earlier are general wear an tear on any vehicle. 

As for the above, 100% agree.  The turbo oil feed is after the standard filter.  There a plenty of turbo setups that don't have a special inline filter for the turbo.   I remember reading somewhere, possibly hear-say though, that the small mesh filter was only a run in precaution that Garrett recommended, and that it could (should?) be removed later. 

I've run 170,000km  (at 270,000km) without any inline filtered,  still on original turbo, still same amount of play as at 100,000km and still spins down for just as long when turning it off.   Interesting you needed a turbo at 250,000km.  As they are generally very under stressed on this engines I would have expected the original still to be going now on yours.  It makes one ponder if leaving that screen filter in caused premature failure? 

When I pulled my screen filter out it was still clean-my turbo simply got mild compressor droop (which apparently is quite common in this turbo), but mine aside I have heard of a number of people who did have turbo failure because that screen blocked up and starved the turbo of oil.

3ce2cabb93910d82af5ae9df77cff44b.jpg

• Like 1

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m

Dash is slowly dying, fuel back light intermittent, tacho back light partially goes at random too.  Bought a spare, only 200,000 km.  Car will feel new again!

CBF fitting it though, it's a different colour which bugs me.

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 23d

You should get it modified how you want it Steve, if you CBF soldering tiny ass smd LEDs there's a mob in Melbourne that reprogram them and set the km as you want.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 30d

Meet us in Adelaide in a couple of weeks and drive back to Melbourne with us to get the LED's done Steve ;)

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 8y 2m 22d

My 05 BA2 turbo had 78000km on it when I bought it ex lease at two years old-it’s now sat on 385,400kms-original motor and trans and diff, I spent about 16k on it a couple of years ago replacing all the worn out bushes and ball joints, a leaking inlet manifold gasket, a worn out alternator, a pair of engine mounts and front brake hoses, and a number of other parts that had literally just worn out-I even had to replace the factory 18’s because the alloy had work hardened and every time I had a tire changed or even looked at a bump in the road I’d end up with 2 or more cracks in the wheels. Car doesn’t use a drop of oil and according to the local ford dealer it drives “better than a new one”. I bought it to keep forever so she gets treated like a rock star and always has with regular trans flushing and oil changes, engine oil changed every 10-12k, the diff serviced when the trans is, and if I can figure out how to upload a pic I will!