How Many Kilometres Have You Clocked Up?

On 08/03/2017 at 11:11 AM, Green Goblin said:

When I pulled my screen filter out it was still clean-my turbo simply got mild compressor droop (which apparently is quite common in this turbo), but mine aside I have heard of a number of people who did have turbo failure because that screen blocked up and starved the turbo of oil.

3ce2cabb93910d82af5ae9df77cff44b.jpg

Been a while since I popped in but im just about to hit 399k. Anyone passed me yet?? Car developed a miss recently which I think after swapping the plugs and not seeing any evidence of tracking on the coil boots anywhere is a coil breaking down internally? Can hear it over the stereo ticking every time it misses so deffo arcing somewhere. Ford nz wanted $250 EACH for the genuine coils! I bought a set off ebay still sealed inside individual bags with ford OEM part numbers on, and all 6 are sealed in another bag with oem part number on (which I assume is for the set). Soon as I put it in D and hold it on the brake it starts missing erratically, and its a lot worse when the engine is hot hence im almost certain one coil is breaking down internally. Its fine on the open road and if I boot it, just seems to be at low revs. Hopefully having brand new genuine plugs and coils will give it a bit of a wake up too . Interesting unrelated note-since ive not been driving it daily it has developed a slight oil leak at the front of the engine. Not enough to show on the dipstick as its probably a teaspoon or 2 max. Also since last post I had trans oil leaking into the propshaft and needed a new propshaft carrier bearing too, plus I imported a replacement OEM ICC as my one had issues with the screen randomly flickering on and off. I put up with that for 10 yrs till I had enough of it and got a replacement unit from ASL. Need to look at getting my original one repaired too but going by freight costs I may send the screen unit over to be tested, followed by the cd stacker. Would be nice to keep it all OG. Anyway, whats everyones Km now??

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back in the day. Only 129Km  Running it in....  

Never mind, it's easier with tapatalk app. That's my 375km daily...still scrubs up clean

Bought my BF F6 Rspec a few weeks ago Currently has 23450km not bad for a 7 year old car and its completely stock

Posted Images

On 01/01/2021 at 10:38 AM, Puffwagon said:

Nah only about 3/4 years since we met up near Chain of Ponds.

yep that was the only time I took it out in about 6 years!  Hasn't been out since. only reason I've started again is the lad pushed me along- he's now got a fg2 which is about to go into Jets for the works and he wants to cruise. -now registered, insured and getting new tyres tomorrow. time to cruise :thumbsup:

• Like 2