How Many Kilometres Have You Clocked Up?

HellionXR6T

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 6d

Kieran, i believe the bearings are replaced with the hub as a unit. Im going to remove mine and check the bearing and see if an adjustment will quieten them down. Im also tight fisted so i will be trying to source the bearings seperatly and fit them to the old hubs if possible.

i think from memory when allan did his they where either $220 or $270 per side. Bearings on there own wouldnt be anymore that $15 tp $20 each (time 4 of course) but you would probably need access to a press to install them.

i'l let you know what i find out and if an adjustment quietens them down at all.

Luke

• My new toy
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 7d

Luke they are one piece bearings in the front hubs I do not know if they can be sourced seperate.

Go to a bearing place you may find the hub cheaper to buy there than at ford.

Also it is unussal for them to go so qiuck make sure it is not your tyres making the noise.

Ian

Guest newl
  • Guests

Just clocked over 55,000 km on the big blue boat. October 2004 build, 2005 licensed. I've never paid attention to what I do daily but probably 40-60km or so a day for work not including weekends, cruises and trips. Planning on a road trip soon to various points in WA so there's gonna be more whacked on it for sure. :)

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9d

When I bought the car in Nov 05 it had 69k's on the clock ( that was my sign to own this car :shocked: )

Currently has 34000k's.

Regards

TUFXRT6 :spoton:

• Member For: 16y 11m 4d
Kieran, I believe the bearings are replaced with the hub as a unit. Im going to remove mine and check the bearing and see if an adjustment will quieten them down. Im also tight fisted so I will be trying to source the bearings seperatly and fit them to the old hubs if possible.

I think from memory when allan did his they where either $220 or $270 per side. Bearings on there own wouldnt be anymore that $15 tp $20 each (time 4 of course) but you would probably need access to a press to install them.

I'l let you know what I find out and if an adjustment quietens them down at all.

Luke

Try / check Ebay !!!!!! BA Front Hubs

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 22d

done almost 49,000 no real complaints, pulled the engine down at 40,000 cos I wanted........................ POWER!!!

Edited by senna_T

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d

Bout 85k for me.. Lots a hwy k's to and from the south coast.. Last 4 days did 1000