How Many Kilometres Have You Clocked Up?

HellionXR6T

• Member For: 21y 1m 27d

Jeez I haven't been round much since joining in January 2003 when I bought my BA XR6T, but I still have my original baby and she's done under 150,000K. Copped some damage from a roo hit near Braidwood a few months back, but good as new now on the road again after some tender panel work....

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

ahh nice and you're always welcome to come around here and post etc :)

pics are something we all enjoy, too ;)

good that you got your panel damage fixed. :icon_ford:

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 8y 1m 26d
On 08/06/2018 at 12:32 PM, Green Goblin said:

My 05 BA2 turbo had 78000km on it when I bought it ex lease at two years old-it’s now sat on 385,400kms-original motor and trans and diff, I spent about 16k on it a couple of years ago replacing all the worn out bushes and ball joints, a leaking inlet manifold gasket, a worn out alternator, a pair of engine mounts and front brake hoses, and a number of other parts that had literally just worn out-I even had to replace the factory 18’s because the alloy had work hardened and every time I had a tire changed or even looked at a bump in the road I’d end up with 2 or more cracks in the wheels. Car doesn’t use a drop of oil and according to the local ford dealer it drives “better than a new one”. I bought it to keep forever so she gets treated like a rock star and always has with regular trans flushing and oil changes, engine oil changed every 10-12k, the diff serviced when the trans is, and if I can figure out how to upload a pic I will! 

Its now up to 398,300kms or so! I need to upload a pic somehow! 

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 8y 1m 26d
On 08/03/2017 at 11:11 AM, Green Goblin said:

When I pulled my screen filter out it was still clean-my turbo simply got mild compressor droop (which apparently is quite common in this turbo), but mine aside I have heard of a number of people who did have turbo failure because that screen blocked up and starved the turbo of oil.

3ce2cabb93910d82af5ae9df77cff44b.jpg

Been a while since I popped in but im just about to hit 399k. Anyone passed me yet?? Car developed a miss recently which I think after swapping the plugs and not seeing any evidence of tracking on the coil boots anywhere is a coil breaking down internally? Can hear it over the stereo ticking every time it misses so deffo arcing somewhere. Ford nz wanted $250 EACH for the genuine coils! I bought a set off ebay still sealed inside individual bags with ford OEM part numbers on, and all 6 are sealed in another bag with oem part number on (which I assume is for the set). Soon as I put it in D and hold it on the brake it starts missing erratically, and its a lot worse when the engine is hot hence im almost certain one coil is breaking down internally. Its fine on the open road and if I boot it, just seems to be at low revs. Hopefully having brand new genuine plugs and coils will give it a bit of a wake up too . Interesting unrelated note-since ive not been driving it daily it has developed a slight oil leak at the front of the engine. Not enough to show on the dipstick as its probably a teaspoon or 2 max. Also since last post I had trans oil leaking into the propshaft and needed a new propshaft carrier bearing too, plus I imported a replacement OEM ICC as my one had issues with the screen randomly flickering on and off. I put up with that for 10 yrs till I had enough of it and got a replacement unit from ASL. Need to look at getting my original one repaired too but going by freight costs I may send the screen unit over to be tested, followed by the cd stacker. Would be nice to keep it all OG. Anyway, whats everyones Km now??

• 3 weeks later...
  • flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 12d

2004 BA MK2. just over 110000. been sitting doing nothing though for about 6 years.