Bf's With Traction Control Swtich

Jman

• The Cleaning Dudes Ute
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 13d

Giday guys,

Ever since I've owned my T, I never liked how the car turns on with traction control ON.

Is there a way of reversing the switch so it starts up with it off?

I'm forever turning it off.. getting pretty sick of it :P:nerd8:

To then simply activate it when needed?

Also. Ive heard that for people putting out big KW numbers that traction control damages the engine as it "pre-detonates" the cylinder to drop the power off. Correct me if I'm wrong..

Cheers,

Jarrod.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Formerly XR6NA
  • Member For: 18y 4m 26d
Also. Ive heard that for people putting out big KW numbers that traction control damages the engine as it "pre-detonates" the cylinder to drop the power off. Correct me if I'm wrong..

I'm interested to know about this

Edited by EZ2CME

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 1d

The traction control switch sends a signal to the PCM (notice it's a momentary switch like the boot and fuel cap, as opposed to the fog light switch which has a definite on-off position)

To make this go "the other way" you would need to get your PCM flashed with the TC function disabled..............

..But the day you wish it was on is probably the day you will be lucky to live to regret it

• Member For: 18y 5m 12d

I have a ba and I pulled the t/c & fog light switch out and changed the wires around so that the t/c was wired to the fog lights and fog lights to t/c and then just change the faces which just unclip put back in and then it is always off when you start the car up.

• The Cleaning Dudes Ute
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 13d
I have a ba and I pulled the t/c & fog light switch out and changed the wires around so that the t/c was wired to the fog lights and fog lights to t/c and then just change the faces which just unclip put back in and then it is always off when you start the car up.

BA's have traction control since when???

• Member For: 16y 10m 1d

Be carefull you don't void your insurance. I don't know if T/C would be viewed the same, but for example if you disable the ABS your vehicle becomes unroadworthy and your insurer would wave to you on their way to the bank.

If you mess with the way stability and TC works from factory and someone got injured .........

Having said that if the warning light telling you it was off stayed on while it was off - you could argue it possibly.

Personaly I've found that unless you are trying to light it up, or throw it around the TC and DSC don't get in the way, and if you are on a track and having a go its only a matter of a button press to turn the electronic fun police off.