Malwood Option 3 Clutch Group Buy... Edit: still window shopping no confirms...

groper

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 3d
Has anyone tried "Ripshifts" short shifter, apparently there pretty good, not sure what the retail is.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 16y 10m 22d
[quote name='SCRIBR' post='550842' date='Jul 2 2007, 04:02 PM']so whats a good price to install all the stuff.. like the top pack which groper mentioned?

i rang up a place and they quoted me 540 for the lot incl. fluid.

i got quoted 300-350 to install the clutch so that doesnt seem too bad.... does it?[/quote]
10 dollars for fluid and 180 for four bolts on the shifter and a couple braided lines, at that price might as well go to fraud dealer :greyscare:

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 6d
while the box is out it is a 5min job to change the shifter, so they are trying to rip you 200$ for 5 mins! its as simple as undoing four bolts and putting the new shifter on with some new seal stuff!

i got some dot 4 fluid from a servo for around 15$ i think.

as for the changing clutch price, not sure on that, some top forum members helped me do my conv :) Edited by XR06T

• Mad Scientist
  • Member For: 19y 4m
[quote name='SCRIBR' post='550842' date='Jul 2 2007, 04:02 PM']so whats a good price to install all the stuff.. like the top pack which groper mentioned?

i rang up a place and they quoted me 540 for the lot incl. fluid.

i got quoted 300-350 to install the clutch so that doesnt seem too bad.... does it?[/quote]

its a bit rich mate, as said above, the shifter is easy once u got the box out..
if u r gonna change the gearbox oil, put some tranzmax Z in it, it makes it shift nicer, my ford dealer only changed me $30 i think to do the gearbox oil and diff oil, and i suppied them with the transmax Z and diff oil :greyscare: Edited by Mr Man

[quote name='SCRIBR' post='550877' date='Jul 2 2007, 05:32 PM']mmmm
damn!

well somebody told me they got the same kit installed for 2350.. which is less than the install price + group buy price hmmmm[/quote]
Who's the recomended installer in Melb? :greyscare:

forgot to mention, put me on the list, hamburger with the lot, thanks.
might as well do the lot so then there's no should, would or could have

• Member For: 17y 1m 28d
1. scribr
2. groper
3. mr man
4. gmax
5. waldo
6. goobz
7. licoric
8. teeq, ill put you in aswell, nothing is final until we have to pay so dont get too excited...

guys, the price mal said he would look at further once we have the numbers, so it might get a little cheaper yet, mal is playing his cards close to his cheast atm, once we have the numbers and he knows $15+ grand is coming his way he should be able to look after us a bit better...