Fpv Boost Gauge Question

byi

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 8d

Does anyone know how the F6 boost gauge connects to the vehicles engine bay? I have the full wiring loom set for both gauges and the oil pressure sender however is a sender even required for the boost gauge? or is the wiring loom sufficent?

Cheers,

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 14d

From the FPV workshop manual it plugs into the Engine Sender HArness for Boost, but there is no mention of the oil pressure.

700_06.pdf

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 8d
From the FPV workshop manual it plugs into the Engine Sender HArness for Boost, but there is no mention of the oil pressure.

Thank you for that attachment. I'm not too concerned about the oil pressure as I have the sender required for that to operate correctly. So your opinion is that the wiring loom once connected to the engine sensor harness is all that is required for the boost gauge to operate?

Cheers,

• 9 months later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 20d
Thank you for that attachment. I'm not too concerned about the oil pressure as I have the sender required for that to operate correctly. So your opinion is that the wiring loom once connected to the engine sensor harness is all that is required for the boost gauge to operate?

Cheers,

I have just been reading your quote. I have just bought the fpv gauges, pod and wiring harness but I can only see where the oil pressure plugs into this harness. I only own a ba xr6 turbo mk2 where does the boost signal come from.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...
  • Member For: 7y 1m 3d

Hi team,

I'm in the same position to locate the boost sensor that will allow factory gauges to work.

Anyone have pic?

I'm aware of the boost sensor on the intercooler pipe, but I believe this not apart of the gauge wiring system.

Thanks

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

There's a sensor on the BA F6 intercooler itself which screws into the side of it. But you really don't want to use the factory gauges as they suck.

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 3y 9m 6d

hey boys I have just got the fpv f6 boost and oil gauges but im looking for a part number for the correct wiring loom can any one plzz assist thanks in advance guy.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

it comes as a whole thing, so no, you can't just get the loom... and you need an FPV VIN to get the gauges and pod and loom from ford... but long story short, it's much easier/cheaper to run your own aftermarket pod/wiring/gauges and to top it all off they'll all be accurate.