Latest Mods

TURBOXR

• I miss her...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 6m 26d

Hi all

Picked up the car from HPF today having been away for the last 6 months. It also spent a few weeks at kewish auto and got the full strengthining treatment with a modded converter.

HPF fitted a difillipro dump pipe and cat ( I already have the herrod quad exhaust), fitted slotted rotors and bendix ultimate brake pads on my stockies, and fitted a custom airbox setup. also fitted a whiteline 27mm front sway bar.

After a retune ended up with 303.7rwkw.

The auto setup is f*cking unbelievable. Used to break traction in second... now it smokes. even chirps into third. Am definatly going to have to get wider tyres on the rear.

Also the induction noise is awesome with the new airbox. And the swaybar makes a massive difference, hardly any body roll into corners at all. I am out of practice with the BA after not driving her for a while so ill have to take it easy. I must say it feels like a much more refined and overall stronger car.

Only very minor problem is I think that fitting the new cat has made my exhaust tips sit a bit further out of the rear bar. Ive always hated the herrod setup for that reason and it looks much worse now. Ive been looking for an exuse to get some 3inch quad tips fitted anyway, so im going to my local exhast shops to have the rear mufflers cut off and some new shinier bigger ones put on.

cheers

post-5264-1182143721_thumb.jpg

• THE PSYCHO XRT
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 8d

Congrats. Good results mate!!

I bet the car must be a total weapon now. How much kw's were u running prior new mods? Can u also post up your graphs buddy.

Enjoy your new found power :tease:

cheers,

San. :spit:

• In Your Face
  • Member For: 21y 1m 7d
Only very minor problem is I think that fitting the new cat has made my exhaust tips sit a bit further out of the rear bar.

cheers

I did notice while l was in the next lane driving beside you that the left side of the tip was sagging.

• Crusty aviator
  • Member For: 19y 9m 28d

Can you give some detail about what was done to the tranny?

Toughening varies from doing very little to a range of used and non-standard parts being used - did they explain what was replaced with what and why and then to extent do they warrant their work and at what cost?

Cheers,

Dingah

• I miss her...
  • Donating Members
So that was you driving down Princess Hwy lunch time and turned off in Hallam Rd.....l was in the Black BA teasing you :blink:

Well done mate on the mods :blink:

nice teasing. Sorry I didnt play but like I said... I need to get back in practice.

Buy the way I rate your bootlid. looks awesome.

I did notice while l was in the next lane driving beside you that the left side of the tip was sagging.

Went into hallam performance today and they seem confident that they can fix that mess for me. Booked in on thursday. Also going to hack off the rolled tips and put some nice stainless industrial cut ones on. Will post pics when done.

Cheers

Oh... and exrlnt ill post the graphs when I can get my scanner to work

Edited by ntturbo

• I miss her...
  • Donating Members
Hey good work mate I seen your car when I was there, big drive for some minor mods. isnt there any one up your way to do that sort of work??

I get blank looks when I even mention 'edit' up there.

and its worth the drive......

my work pays to truck it down here while im overseas on business anyway.