Edit Mythbusters Updated

markxr6t

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 13d

Ok cool thanks for the reply BFHOON, I just wanted a rough idea on what is going to be cause ill be getting mine done next year. I dont want to do anything now because im going away with the car and I dont wan to risk blowing my T5 while im away.

Cheers

Pete

• 3 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 14d

So hang on a sec...

Once you download the factory tune to the box into slot "F" and load a tune then later you flash your car to stock and take it in for a service and the dealer reflashes your ECU with the latest firmware updates, you will not be able to overwrite you original "F" slot with the latest factory update?

that's a bit of a drawback...

Effectively it means that you will lose the dealership's latest update!

Is my understanding correct?

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 3d

Yep - that's exactly it :spit:

F slot can only ever be written to once unless the box is reset and it then loses one of its lives.

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 24d

Well it is high time Capa and who ever else is controlling this stopped dictating their terms onto you & I the customer. It just smacks of bully tactics....If it is a commercial thing then how about, doing this for free? and or providing another ROM slot to store the new base tune update to...

Makes me want to stay away from the Capa stuff...Dream Science is starting to look good....

• Member For: 17y 10m 1d

Capa is controlled by SCT and so is dream science,

they are both basically agents for SCT

SCT spends lots of time developing their software and hardware systems, so obviuosly they will want to protect their investment and gaurantee an income, which is why they have set it up as they have

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 24d

Oh well there goes that theory...

I understand they wish to protect their investment but the end of the day, manufacturers have to move with the times or become extinct....Guaranteeing your income to penalise the purchaser just seems wrong... where is the good will in that.

Maybe a custom Motec or something and start from scratch... Is there any real options other than SCT stuff? Moates.net and do it yourself maybe???? :stupid: