In-car Gps

Iconic Bionic

Gps  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 25d

:smilielol:

It's exactly what you've suggested. I.e. it may be faster to drive 100km on a freeway rather than 50km through suburban streets.

Most also give you an option to exclude toll roads from your route.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m
:smilielol:

It's exactly what you've suggested. I.e. it may be faster to drive 100km on a freeway rather than 50km through suburban streets.

Most also give you an option to exclude toll roads from your route.

Yeah its got the toll roads choice, as well as ferries and unsealed roads.

• Member For: 17y 8m 13d

I had the Navman 320. Had it for 2 weeks, back for repairs. Had it for 6 months, back for repairs, had it for 30 minutes, back for repairs, its currently back at navman for the fourth time. Im going through fair trading at the moment in an effort to get a refund. I paid 460 they are now 270! They reckon they upgraded me from the 320 to the 330 when it was handed back the 3rd time. Granted they upgraded me to the 330 but left the 320 mapping chip still inside and so the same problems still exist. I bought it from Strathfield car radios but they reckon they cant refund me unless navman says so. Went to fair trading and they said the law states full replacement or full refund. Its been back so many times I dont want a replacement anymore, give me a refund!!

Problems have been:

Telling me I was 200m from home when I was actually 32k's away.

You type in where you want to go and all you get is the question mark and it saying calculating and that's where it stays.

Other times it just wouldnt pick up the satellites.

The unit was 12 months old on the 6th of june.

So many different models out there (even you guys have a wide variety of units). I am hesitant in getting another which makes me cranky as hell because they are a great thing when they are working properly.

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m
I had the Navman 320. Had it for 2 weeks, back for repairs. Had it for 6 months, back for repairs, had it for 30 minutes, back for repairs, its currently back at navman for the fourth time. Im going through fair trading at the moment in an effort to get a refund. I paid 460 they are now 270! They reckon they upgraded me from the 320 to the 330 when it was handed back the 3rd time. Granted they upgraded me to the 330 but left the 320 mapping chip still inside and so the same problems still exist. I bought it from Strathfield car radios but they reckon they cant refund me unless navman says so. Went to fair trading and they said the law states full replacement or full refund. Its been back so many times I dont want a replacement anymore, give me a refund!!

Problems have been:

Telling me I was 200m from home when I was actually 32k's away.

You type in where you want to go and all you get is the question mark and it saying calculating and that's where it stays.

Other times it just wouldnt pick up the satellites.

The unit was 12 months old on the 6th of june.

So many different models out there (even you guys have a wide variety of units). I am hesitant in getting another which makes me cranky as hell because they are a great thing when they are working properly.

No probs with mine so far. My mind does boggle when at times it sends me the craziest ways and at other times its right when I dont believe it.

• Member For: 18y 2m 23d

I have a TomTom One slimline edition and is excellent. It is very easy to carry around and can

fit in your pocket without having a bulky back like some of the other models. You can also download different voices from Star Wars to Knight Riders Kitt and to Mr T etc. Not Bad. Works wonders

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 4m 3d
I have a TomTom One slimline edition and is excellent. It is very easy to carry around and can

fit in your pocket without having a bulky back like some of the other models. You can also download different voices from Star Wars to Knight Riders Kitt and to Mr T etc. Not Bad. Works wonders

I've got the same unit. I haven't worried about downloading any funny voices though, standard one will do fine. I noticed today that it doesn't seem to have updated Albury/Wodonga maps in it, keeps reckoning I was driving in Lake Hume even though I was on a perfectly good sealed road! Doesn't have the Hume Freeway Albury/Wodonga bypass either. Also doesn't recognise the Princes Hwy near Nowra, even though the road has been there for years. The GPS reckons I'm driving through a paddock.

No difference really to a printed map I s'pose, they are out of date as soon as they are printed. GPS sure beets trying to drive and read maps at same time. I like it also for the Points Of Interest, you can punch in nearest petrol station or hotel and (with a bit of luck...) it will take you straight there. With the petrol stations it would be good if it had the brand of fuel (so as to avoid no name brands) and if they have 98 or 100...oh well can't have everything I suppose!

• Member For: 16y 10m 20d

got a garmin quest in my car. had it for a couple of years now, so there is probably an updated model by now?

chose it cause it also accepts marine mapping, so I just pull it out of its cradle and plug it into the boat !!!