Door Seals Leaking?

• Member For: 20y 2m 8d

Just wondering if any else has experienced what my wife is complaining bitterly about at the moment. I have an 12/03 T with approx 43K on the clock, which has developed a rather annoying noise at the top of the rear windows which may or may not be the door seals leaking or letting in air. There is no build up of dust and there doesn't appear to be any area that seems to not look to be contacting. It is very annoying though. The car spends most of its time in a fully enclosed garage and never sees any real extended time in the sun during the summer months so I'm not that convinced the seals would be in any way worn due to sunlight/heat exposure. any suggestions would be appreciated.

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 30d

Gee you got pretty low K's there?. Im also thinking 12/03 means your out of warranty period unless you went the extended???

If its your door seals it wouldnt be too costly too replace.

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 7m 13d
Gee you got pretty low K's there?. Im also thinking 12/03 means your out of warranty period unless you went the extended???

IB I think youll be rather shocked if you priced them at your friendly ford dealer... It is a spare part after all

I know Stealthxr (pete) uses some sort of rubber conditioner on his. I had a look the other day at them and they are really soft.

Try bending the top of the door in a tad.

Scotty

I hope I don't need to do that, but may try that if some rubber conditioning doesn't work. I had a quick quizz this evening at the seals and none seem to have shrunken or moved, not like my old dunny dore ones did, heck I remember having to pull them half way back up the window.

Low K's yep, but my EL has 350K and my 03 Dunnydore ute has 100K. Extended warranty...heck I was lucky the "hand brake" let me have the T in the first place let alone any extras. :omg: