New Zealand Cruise & Chat Thread

Dagabond

• Member For: 16y 3m 26d

Hello to all....I'm unsure how this forum works but I'm hoping to get advise from Wellington XR6T owners. Any recommendations for garages that are competent with tuning or fault finding on XR6T's.

• boosting
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 9m 8d

Scoobi,

Welcome!!!

Hmmm not sure on any tuners down in welly but maybe someone like speedtech?? are they the ones who tune evos down there?? maybe able to help....

faults... could take it back to ford?

Des, make sure you try and get some video around Taupo, and we need to go for a cruise once we get a nice dry weekend!

• Member For: 16y 3m 26d

Thanks for the welcome and possible avenue for help. I have a miss and lack of power at 3000+ RPM that I can't sort. I changed the plugs yesterday hoping that would fix it but didn't. It's a 2003 BA Ute at 65000 k's.

When I removed the plenum chamber I found the the small length of pipe that attaches to the throttle body was only half on. By the way it was crushed by the hose clamp it looked like it had been that way since new. After I had put it back together I was hoping the miss would be gone and with the hose on properly it was hoping for power that I hadn't had before. I lucked out.

• boosting
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 9m 8d

Scoobi,

Not sure of the problem but I think you should try and ask for help in other sub forums. Someone is bound to be able to help you with your problem.

D

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 16y 2m 8d

I've found this place has got threads on almost all the problems I've had with my xr6... although now I think it has a hole in the radiator.. dammmmmit :stupid:

• Member For: 16y 2m 8d

yeah that's usual haha.. I had a turbo intercooler pipe fall off this morning haha.. doh..