New Zealand Cruise & Chat Thread

Dagabond

• Member For: 19y 5d

Hi to all New Zealanders.

After getting sick of not being able to get performance parts for my Falcon in NZ at any reasonable price - I have started importing them! I have supplies of most parts that you will want - from Audio cables to ICC through Pole Position shiny bits and Tripods as well as performance parts such as intercoolers, twin plate clutches.

If I dont have it - I will get it!

Please PM if you need any parts.

Mods - let me know if I need to sponsor - I will do once things are up and running a bit more - at the moment it is more a service to locals.

I will be doing a group buy on Intercoolers soon!

• Like 1

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 10d

Good initiative Cobrav8 :beerchug: You guys across the Tasman are a little bit starved of the goodies we can so readily get here :stirthepot: Good luck with it all and hope you get the support you need to make it work.

BTW I hope you have some good tuners ready to roll, as I am sure they will do all right as a consequence of all of this.

Good initiative Cobrav8 :beerchug: You guys across the Tasman are a little bit starved of the goodies we can so readily get here :stirthepot: Good luck with it all and hope you get the support you need to make it work.

BTW I hope you have some good tuners ready to roll, as I am sure they will do all right as a consequence of all of this.

Thanks mate.

Any suppliers out there who want another market - feel free to contact me as well.

• Member For: 17y 1m 7d
Good initiative Cobrav8 :nyyaah: You guys across the Tasman are a little bit starved of the goodies we can so readily get here :banghead: Good luck with it all and hope you get the support you need to make it work.

We have some great tuners here already. Robin from Torque Performance in Auckland is a very experienced fitter of Nizpro kits and Simon's rep over this way. He fitted my 'Stage 2 plus' kit and its going like a dream (333rwkw at 13psi). Eastern Automotive are also getting into Fords a bit more and have just done an Atomic bottom end, rods and pistons on a T with the rest of the intake, cooler etc ex CAPA. There may not be as many after market options here for Fords as the Jap scene is way ahead of Australia thanks to our relaxed import laws. Having said that the tuners here are very well connected to their Aussie counterparts and do a quality job, in my experience. Most of them have a greater customer base of Holdens than Fords and generally the Holdens would be on a par with anything from Aussie. There are some seriously powerful cars from 'the dark side' cruising the streets. I am pleased to see a NZ thread but the value of this forum for me is the technical expertise under each of the topics. I have found it very useful in planning the work I carried out on my car. Thanks Guys

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 17y 4m 22d

alright. finally. so hard to get parts and people who know how to tune these things over here. once I get my car going good I would be keen to do a race day at taupo or something.

I have always wanted to add this to 1 of these- :bj::tonguepoke::op::tagteam:

• Member For: 18y 10m 27d

Hey guys,

I couldnt start a new topic in the NZ forum so just posting here if that's ok.

I'll be working in NZ next week, only 3 nights.

Tuesday night in Auckland

Wednesday night in Napier

Thursday night in Christchurch.

Can anyone suggest some good spots to eat and hangout?

Thanks all

Hey guys,

I couldnt start a new topic in the NZ forum so just posting here if that's ok.

I'll be working in NZ next week, only 3 nights.

Tuesday night in Auckland

Wednesday night in Napier

Thursday night in Christchurch.

Can anyone suggest some good spots to eat and hangout?

Thanks all

Auckland - nice mexican place in the middle of town to eat - dont know the name, but it would be the only mexican.

Napier - go to the Ocean Spa - hot salt water spa pools - very nice place, relaxing, and some nice scenery to admire sitting in the pools.

Christchurch - go and have a look at Dr Heins classic car Museum and the Fazzaz motor sport shop.

Have fun.

Cheers

Bevan

• Member For: 16y 8m 23d

Paul Isaac at IPV is another great tuner based in Taupo at the race track they fitted a Herrod system to my ute and tuned it to 265rwkw 320 at the flywheel.As far as I know I have the only T ute in Gisborne.It looks Stock but thttp://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/style_images/induction/folder_post_icons/icon9.gif

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/style_im.../icon9.gifhanks to IPV it doesn't run stock,Magic machines on NZ roads.