New Zealand Cruise & Chat Thread

Dagabond

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 28d

havent thought about upgrading exhaust, cooler and fuel pump??

Just make sure you have the requirements for cert and ull be sweet....however I wouldnt recommend not getting it as if you crash your insurance can refuse pay out due to it not being cert'ed blah blah blah... you'll need to make sure your brakes can handle the 20% increase (as the cert'er looks at this area) and that you have drive shaft loops..

and just think at the end of it you will get a plate that explains stuff all....I felt ripped off when I saw mine :( you just gotta hope you dont get pulled over by an angry cop....

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 11y 9m 6d

Hey guys, I am picking up my new ride this week. Its a 2007 BF2 XR6T,6speed Auto,gun metal grey,stock standard.

Getting very impatient but im sure its worth the wait

Im quietly planning some lite mods for now while shes not looking, like k&n panel filter and second snorkel and cat removal

Can anyone tell me if there's a good tuner in BOP?

I've seen some pretty mean Ts on youtube and its hard not to want that!

:crazypilot:

I'll get a pic on asap

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 28d

Hi kiwi

looks like a sweet ride ya got there...they are an awesome car to drive espeically since its a 07 BF2 xr6t meaning it has a typhoon bottom end....which makes tuning "safer"...

k&n filter and second snorkle sound like pretty lite mods which you said you want...however the cat removal would require a tune :) For a tuner I would recommend Torque Performance in Auckland.

Tune page maybe you would be after a stage 1 or stage 2 tune :)

Once you start on the "power train" you wont stop, you get hungry for more power :D

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 11y 7m 26d

Hey guys! Not sure if you will see this or not but I have just joined the forum. VERY good forum with LOTS AND LOTS of info! Loving it.

I bought a 2005 BA? MKII XR6T 6 Speed Manual (82,000ks on the clock) and had it less than a month and its up to 90,000 :/

Honestly best car ever made, I have drove so many cars and this tops them all. Power, comfort, luxury, practicality you name it.

I love the power of it but I know I have just opened a huge black hole that my money falls down! hahaha. Cant wait to see it doing 400kw+ though and would love to come on some cruise days no matter where they are. Thought I would stop driving it around all the time by now but nope!

Look forward to hearing from you all (if this thread is still active.) Any questions feel free to ask :)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 11d

Hey Matt,

Yea this is active even though it doesn't get alot of use. Nice ride, and your 100% on the comfort while having amazing performance. They always blow people away when you take them for a ride, as for the black hole in the wallet, yea just happens doesn't it.

Enjoy and this site is full of info so you should be pretty well set.

• Member For: 13y 2m 11d

Hi Matt

8,000k's in less that a month is good going.

Do you have any mods so far or is it stock?

400kw is a lot of kw. Are you sure you need that many? :)

Can get expensive and end in tears, especially if you get the wrong tuner.

I'm sure the boys here will see you right. Just ask if you want any advice. It can be nice to learn from other's mistakes.

• boosting
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 9m 8d

I got my headlight covers from here boys: http://www.airplex.co.nz/

If you are looking for some.

I wasn't sure if it would look good on a blue car but it does surprisingly.. Black on black on black would be better obviously.

Congrats on the purch and glad you love it, but 8,000kms in a month! Woozers.

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 11d

Has anyone else noticed that the powerplay type event from aussie has come to NZ, end of this year (fri, sat, sun 28,29,30 december) Kiwinats will be held at Ruapuna.

Event has powercruise, powerskids, 200m drags but with street rules, and a lot of other stuff. If you google kiwinats you'll find it.

Anyone going?

• 3 weeks later...