New Ford Model

Paradoxx

• Member For: 15y 2m 14d

There's a lot of pricing overlap between the higher trim Mondeos and Falcons. Mondeo XR5T costs just 5 grand less than the XR6T.

Edited by NB4C

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 21d

I totally agree with Superoo on all points, like technology, which is crazy amazing in the mondeo but..

...Ford Aus could learn a thing or two about interior fit and finish from their euro (Belgium) counterparts..

the Melb-Syd trip could be had on 1 tank. I doubt I could do that with the T.

Hmmm, I would have to disagree with the first one, the top spec mondeo has visible bolts, hard plastics that my XR doesn't, for instance take a look at the seat rails on both, the falcon is smooth and covered, the mondeo is just a visible rail end with black bolt.

Plus my personal opinion is that the XR6 rides one million times better, and when I drove them both around the linfox angleasea test track the mondeo was a predictable flat handler, but all falcons would flow through corners at massive pace. I would prefer the falcon around corners any day.

Finally Comparing a XR6T to a diesel mondeo is not a comparison. You'll find the non turbo auto xr6 would get to sydney on one tank and the petrol mondeo wont, neither will the XR5 be any more efficient than the XR6T..

Mondeo is great but the Falcon is a mechanically superior. IMHO