Paradoxx

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 2d
I see like 1 every few months and still haven't seen a T one yet.

You would not f*cking believe what my last client of the day was driving.

• Member For: 20y 11m 2d
Stranger things have happened. They are lighter and more nimble.

If the Mondeo was as big as a Falcon, then the RWD would have the advantage.

From memory they are over 1500kg anyway, maybe even near 1600 kg, so there's not much in it. The're almost as big as a Falcon in every dimension bar length, and I think they are actually wider.

• Member For: 17y 6m 24d
From memory they are over 1500kg anyway, maybe even near 1600 kg, so there's not much in it. The're almost as big as a Falcon in every dimension bar length, and I think they are actually wider.

Still makes em lighter.

Wider will only help their handling, as will a lower allover height

• Member For: 21y 4m 27d

We have a TDCi Mondeo hatch along with the T. They are slightly narrower on the inside than the T but I think leg room is very much comparable if not a win to the Mondeo. Two points were obvious from the start. Firstly, Ford Aus could learn a thing or two about interior fit and finish from their euro (Belgium) counterparts. Secondly, and much to my surprise, the Mondeo handles better than my T. Less body roll and feels more planted. Both are totally stock and also run on the same size rubber.

The XR6 would obviously leave it for dead in a straight line but get into the twisty stuff and their would be little in it. The diesel has plenty of mid range for in gear acceleration (craps all over N/A petrol fours) and as an added bonus, the Melb-Syd trip could be had on 1 tank. I doubt I could do that with the T. Throw in the heated seats, bluetooth, voice activation, auto wipers and headlights, 6 stacker CD which is better than the T premium sound, 6 speed auto and 5 star crash rating including a knee airbag and they are a very nice package. Biggest problem they have is lack of market recognition. It is up against the accord euro, jetta and mazda6 so competition is tough.

We're pretty happy with ours after nearly a year and the hatch has a ton of room (perfect for our prams for the little ones).

• 1 year later...