Water/methanol Injection

• Member For: 16y 9m 22d
bit of an old post but to those who know, how do these go on Na engines??

You won't need it unless you're running a massive CR on your NA engine, or only have access to crappy low octane fuel. If you're expecting a performance improvement by fitting this to your stock NA engine then you will walk away with a lighter wallet and disappointment.

If you want to do it anyway, then do yourself a favour and avoid snow performance or any of its equivalents. You can have a water/met injection system for way less than half the price and it will work just as well.

• RUS531
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 4d

by stock do you mean untuned or stock cams ect. I was looking to get new cams, water/meth, and a new tune. Would the water/meth still have little effect?

• 5 years later...
  • Member For: 10y 5m 14d

Digging up a VERY old topic but would like some results on installing this kit (Snow Stage2) as im very keen to purchase and install 1 soon as a competitive alternative to E85.. If u have any direct comparisons between a 98 tune and a WI tune and E85 this would be an added bonus..

Id also like to know what extra timing and boost with temp decreases in vital areas u were able to achieve and of course the increase in power figures..

Iv read all the gains to be had on other types of cars so please keep this to Falcons only as a reference..

Thanx in advance guys.. :)

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 20y 8m 18d

I've installed the Snow kit on my GT but have yet to complete proper tuning.

Something that needs to be considered is the risk involved in running such a mod. Methanol is a fuel and to use it requires fuel to be trimmed from the normal injection to ensure AFR's are correct. The problem with this is if a considerable amount of meth is being injected and the meth pump fails, there is a high possibility of a lean condition which could result in engine failure. In my opinion a safer approach is to use the water/meth as a reliability device that boosts octane of the fuel and prevents knock rather than using it to make much greater levels of hp. All depends on the level of risk you are willing to accept.

Benny.

• Like 3

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 20d

Exactly Benny many have broken engines cause of this very effect

I will be running water only and not removing fuel or increasing spark

I'm just doing it for safety and 2 more psi

• Like 1