Water/methanol Injection

• Member For: 17y 6m 8d

hi ppl

I was looking into this set up

as u will to when I quote " 20% increase typical"

"This kit offers a huge increase in power in the SRT-4 by delivering the appropriate and maximum amount of fluid over a wide range of engine conditions. The Digital Variable Control unit proportionally injects more or less water-methanol according to input signals from manifold pressure. This allows more to be injected at higher rpms and loadings when more fluid can be utilized. More power over a wider range and better drivability is the result. 20% increases in horsepower typical"

pretty big claim.

has anyone used this or something similar ?

if so your results and or feed back would be appreciated

heres a link to check it out

http://www.snowperformance.net/products.php?p_cat=324

• Member For: 20y 3m 8d

Give this a read through.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=167572

You basically use it so you can help prevent detonation allowing you to run more timing and or boost. You would need to tune to suit the water injection, you wont see a gain without a retune to run more timing or boost.

I dont think it would be worthwhile on a turbo motor, arent many making over 400rwkw on pump fuel? Maybe it would be worthwhile on an NA motor that has been converted.

• Member For: 19y 6m 8d

I used to run a home made 2 stage setup on a KE25 corolla I used to have. I had it running 28lbs(wastegate was disconnected so max boost the turbo would give!) out of a T04 turbo, and 33degrees on a 3T-C engine. The car also ran straight lpg. At max RPM it pumped 950mL/min into the intake...

I used a 55/45-60/40 mix of water/ethanol(metholated spirits) though as methanol used to corrode the f*ck out of everything.

Man that car was fun!!!

Chris

• Member For: 18y 11m 7d

I currently use the Snow Performance kit and there are so many benefits it's not funny. Where to start....

1. Extremely consistant power figures right through summer due to the cooling affect of the methanol

2. Intake and more importantly exhaust temps brought way way down

3. Brings detonation (ping) down to ZERO

4. You can run regular unleaded fuel if you wish due to the methanol increasing the octane rating

5. Most importantly, it's a huge safety messure. All the time I read people posting threads on how their car is pinging under load in 4th and with a loaded car, this kit will make that non-existent.

The kits are suitable to NA and Turbo cars. More suited to turbo cars as you can run more boost and a sh!t load of timing.

The kit comes with a map sensor controller that injectors water / meth at a set boost level. Mine is set to start spraying at about 5 psi and stops at 15.

I can't recommend this kit enough.

If anyone is interested I'll take some photos of my install so you can have a look at how neat it is.

Edited by 2fardown
  • Like 1

I'll take some pics tomorrow afternoon.

You can buy methanol at any fuel depot or chemical supply store. I actually buy it in a 20 litre drum from an exhaust and performance shop for $36.

One litre of methanol (2 litre reservoir with 50/50 mix of water / meth) will last me probably 1 month and a half. Mind you I don't give my car a hard time and I have the largest 375cc squirter installed (you get three with the kit).

• Member For: 18y 10d

I also have the Snow Performance Water/Meth kit and I think its a great investment. Im sure Dave (Blueboost) will be along shortly to tell you how good they are.....

They are great for NQ because, as already mentioned, they bring the temps down so much and virtually eliminate any chance of ping.

The benefit I think is not so much in the power gain (although there is a bit there too), but more so in the peace of mind that the car is running safe. Also the water/meth allows your injectors and fuel pump to be stretched alot further.

Its a very neat kit in your engine bay, not overly expensive and as stated methanol can be bought pretty cheaply in 20L drums which will last ages!

Cheers

xrt123:

It is recommended that the injector be placed a few inches before the throttle body. I have fitted mine to the exit side of the intercooler tank, which is a fair bit away from the throttle body, though this was done as per a recommendation from blueboost and it is very affective.

It's not recommended to place an injector (some people run 2) before the intercooler as the water can have a tendancy to sit in the bottom, thus causing corrosion issues.