Water/methanol Injection

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 28d

Thanks Ralph.

I wonder what is the best way to test if it is working. My failsafe engages if the system is turned off but how do I tell if the wastegate is open. I have a boost guage, I suppose I just see if I can't make boost when it is turned off.

This system I have also allows it to protect against the engine light coming on when the failsafe opens the wastegate. When it's up and going I'll probably leave the CEL light to come on as it would be a good warning that the failsafe has been triggered to show there is a problem. I should be able to clear the CEL with my hand controller I assume

Well in other news my tuner had the car today but we had to cancel till next week. But he did say that he has meth/water injection on his other cars and is familiar with how they work. He will do some testing with before and after so we can see the results.

Now I just need meth. Darwin has run out for over a week now

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 27d

Wastegate will still hit spring pressure before opening so you will see at least that amount of boost. Get your tuner to run it up at wastegate pressure only and make sure the timing in that area of the maps is safe for whatever fuel you are running.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 28d

Oh bugger on the fg it appears to have different colour wires. a pink green wire (thicker positive) and a white wire (thinner negative). My guess is that the pulse wire is the white negative like the injectors

• 3 years later...
  • Member For: 5y 5m 6d

Hi guys

Been digging deep and ypu better believe it I have pretty much read this entire thread.

We are installing the aquamist water to meth system for my rig, including procharge 67mm turbo and tune.

We are hoping for close to 550-600rwkw in my Nissan Patrol... 

I have been dealing with orlando from cool runnings engineering for the aquamist and am heading to independent motorsports in morwell for the tune...

For anyone that's installed the aquamist (norrs etc) does you fail safe work a treat and have there been any long term affects? 

Cheers