Alpine Hub

PROXRT

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 2d

I am using it with nav sat, dvd and CD stacker and fine it integrates well, only small gripes are the loss of the steering wheel switches and a small overlay with the clock. Still overall I would recommend it.

Regards

M G

• Sexy Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 14d

Hey guys,

Ive got a mate who helped develop this Alpine V-HUB. And the steering wheel switches can work by using infrared. They can slipstream an infrared module into the hub and the steering wheel acts as a 'remote control' if you will. But it can be done!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 2d

Didnt know about the infra red option wil look into it. But with the standard set up the steering wheel switches only work when you have the hub switch to the ford system. Not when using any of the additional plugged in units.

Regards

M G

• Member For: 16y 11m 13d
hay guys have any of you got the alpine vehicle hub and what do you think of it. cheers Jarrod

Hi there,

Just bought an Alpine 211A vehicle hub for my XR6T, only to be told by the local alpine dealer I need a further ~$1000 worth of wiring harness to hook it up to the ICC.

Before I throw it in the bin, can anyone help me out with info regarding installation of this unit, ie are the wiring harness for BF that expensive, or can I fudge a custom one to connect it in?

Also can anyone tell me if the 'Navigation Out' is the output I'd be porting to the ICC for video?

Many thanks!

Simon

• Member For: 16y 11m 13d

Not sure about needing the converter, thanks for your reply though - this link suggests it does have RGB out;

http://www.ikesound-car-audio.com/rec/3052-Alpine-VPA-B211A/

Far as I can tell the navigation system passthru is RGB. What I don't yet know is whether the navigation out is the main out, and can be hooked straight to the screen via a wiring harness (bought or botched together).

If so I'll be happy.. Can probably work the rest out with the help of this quality forum.

Cheers all!

Si

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 16y 9m 30d

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but it is better than starting another!

I have the steering wheel controls working on my car with a VHUB Pro VPA-B222R it works via the infrared which has been mentioned before.

What I want to know is 2 things if anybody knows the answer to either...

1: Is there ANY way you can stop the audio off display from showing when turning up the VHUB's volume with the steering wheel controls as it is annoying? Obviously if you have the factory radio on, it comes up with the audio turning up overlaying over the VHUB's display also, so if somebody knows have you can disable that all together, that will be great.

2: I have the following connected to the VHUB

iPod via AiNet

DVD Player

Amps and subs and;

VDO Dayton MS5400 Sat Nav

According to the installer you can not have the Sat nav running in screen mode whilst you have music playing through the speakers, be it radio or ipod as it is on its own separate port, I have heard that you can possibly get an alpine lead of some descript and splice the wires so the gps will be on, all the ports, does anybody have any information on if this is correct and if so any problems which has risen from doing it, or even better... a different way in how to do it?

Thanks for any info

Dan