Rebuilding Zf's

CSV_LS1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 17d

Hi guys.. Have you thought, What if say a TT TCM Calibration/valve body was moved into a xr6t...

Given the heavier weight of a Turbo Territory, In a XR6 would be a better shift to start with ??

Food for thought :)

• 6 months later...
  • Member For: 16y 17d

Im having a similiar problem to some ppl earlier in the forum - very jerky gear change from 1st to 2nd and won't shift to 3rd...appreciate your views on my problem.Thanks

XR6 Turbo BA - ECU mapped, modified airbox and injectors

Edited by fzr

• 11 months later...
  • Get on the end of it.....
  • Member For: 18y 3m 12d
Biggest problem is the filter (which is part of the pan) gets blocked once you up the rwkw’s

Change it out regular and that makes heaps difference.

The input shafts SNAP and/or twist. :bowdown:

The clutch material that blocks the filter is mainly from the direction pack but these discs are cheap as chips to buy genuine.

Most of the shift problems are simply caused by low oil flow and pressure due to the filter.

They are actually very cheap to overhaul. :spoton:

Having said that there is no benefit in beefing the packs up because that will only cause the input shaft to snap sooner. Although the new genuine input shafts look to have a different heat treatment process than the early ones. So in time it might be worth adding another couple of discs and plates.

Hi just a quick question, so how often do u change the oil and filter in the zf. :crybaby:

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 14y 9m 2d

Dont know if I missed it but where can the aftermarket pan/filter assemblies be sourced from and approx cost please?

Also where to source the oil from as most general auto outlets tend to make you bend over with the pricing. I'd be after a 20lt drum.

Edited by workxr6

• Member For: 14y 9m 2d
ok, so ive read this whole thread, is it for real that my BF F6 has no transmission dipstick????? that's fuct, so how am I to check it?

Sorry for sounding a bit dumbfounded but that's just unbelievable!!!!!!

Like Tab said, they haven't had one for years. ie. the 4spd autos never had one either. If you look at Fords approach to the trans oil being for the life of the box then I guess you wouldn't need one!!

How to check it?? Same as you would a manual box or a diff. Remove the fill plug and wait for the dribble.