The Time Has Finally Come.

YPURV4

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member For: 17y 11m 15d

As for envy t, I tryed your mate he didnt have what I need'ed, and frank I have already spoken to dave and im going down to see them friday.

More money, I hope it all pays off in the end.

• CNUTOX
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 13d
Im not trying to imply that at all, im going off my car and what happend to me...

Michael, you are not the first and definatly won't be last. Ask Trough lolly and a few of the others. It used to be You get what you pay for, obviously things have changed a little these days. Unless your a cheque book racer, I don't think HPF really want to know you. Years ago Amberly was where you took your Bommadoore, maybe they should stick with that.

Oh yeah frank you aint got nothing on my ride hight :roflmbo:

and if ride hight had any thing to do with it, how the hell did they pull a higher figure with 17's the exhaust tip would have nearly been touching the ground :bum:

• Seriously Flukey Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 29d

So you got 296atw Michael @ 18PSI ( I take it on 17's ) What were you expecting / hoping for mate?

How does the car feel? Is the power delivery smooth? Is it quick? What does it drive like?

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m

I would really like to see AFRs for that tune.Damn, they are jamming a lot of boost into it to make that power.

Just for the record I had my last Phoon tuned at HPF and went backto Melbourne for a tickle up and left with slightly less power than it went in with :spoton: This minor variation was explained away by a recent Dyno recalibration, however on the way back to Sydney the car felt doughy and sluggish.

I ended up taking it to C&V for a tweak and to have the car checked out, it was then clearly demonstrated to me why I could not make power. The standard actuator was not able to hold the boost. HPF would have known this but sent me on my way regardless :roflmbo:

In the end I was fortunate to find a good tuner in Sydney and to say I love the way my current Phoon drives is an understatement :bum:

This is not a post to discredit the tuning abilities of HPF, I just couldn't be bothered stuffing about with the to and fro from interstate as they are piss poor at returning calls. As mentioned there heritage is in V8 Holdens and they have also built the fastest T on record. But anything can be done if the price is right.

So you got 296atw Michael @ 18PSI ( I take it on 17's ) What were you expecting / hoping for mate?

How does the car feel? Is the power delivery smooth? Is it quick? What does it drive like?

hey mate yeah that's right, the red line is the run with the 17's.I was hoping for around the 280-290 rwkw (with the 20's) mark when I didnt have the pump, but aftre I had the punmp done I was hoping for around the 300rwkw mark, to me those are realistic figures.

As for the driveing side, the roads are wet so I dont want to be trying out the tune in the wet, also the power thing isnt good but I can deal with that but what I cant deal with is why they cant tell me whys its not making power.

I really dont want this to turn into a HP-F bashing, this is just me my car and my results.

Edited by YPURV4

• Yaris member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 29d

Damn mate sorry to hear about all the sh*t & wasted cash!

well there goes another custom tune....

man u r scared about urs.. I must b a pussy.. I still haven't loaded my generic tune in a week :stirthepot:

note: main reason is actually cause gearbox checkup is happening tuesday.. but it makes for a funnier story the other way