Workshop Manual

Cam

• Member For: 19y 10m 1d
$990 that's got to be a joke!! Who the hell would pay $990. :msm:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They've priced so high to discourage people and most importantly workshops from buying them.

That way you have to take your car to their dealerships to get any work done.

Pity most of the mechanics ooops (technicians) don't have a clue :ermm:

macka

$990 that's got to be a joke!! Who the hell would pay $990. :ermm:

Pity most of the mechanics ooops (technicians) don't have a clue :blink:

macka

That why its 3 volumes...

Step by step on how to unlock toolbox, open draw, select the correct tool, how to operate the tool (within OHS guidelines)..etc etc

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 3d

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pity most of the mechanics ooops (technicians) don't have a clue :blink:

macka

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Step by step on how to unlock toolbox, open draw, select the correct tool, how to operate the tool (within OHS guidelines)..etc etc

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The section on tools is actually in volume three - which is usually used on the ninth visit. The first eight visits on any particular issue are the bluff stages.

Trent.

Pity most of the mechanics ooops (technicians) don't have a clue :ermm:

macka

The section on tools is actually in volume three - which is usually used on the ninth visit. The first eight visits on any particular issue are the bluff stages.

Trent.

Volume 1 Section 1 Sub section 1.1 page 1

Find the most inexperienced apprentise and let him go nuts with a hammer :blink:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 1d
Is that the FoMoCo manual..?

According to the dealers ,they just download from Ford the sections they require?

It is the genuine Ford manual. Ford do not publish it themselves but licence it to a third party. That is why they are so expensive. The AU, also three volumes, is $590.

There is a non-genuine version published by Ellerys at $50. I haven't tried an Ellerys, but I am not impressed with Gregorys' or Haynes' manuals when compared to the genuine article.

I contacted Pitstop to ask about the Ellerys manual, they contacted Ellerys direct and it appears there isn't a manual yet for the BA........

Wish someone would hurry up and bring one out, it has only been 2 years! :spoton:

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got photo copys of about 1/2 this book, a mate of mine got it given to him from a friend a year ago when he got his GT.

Don't think its worth the price, theres not that in there for a moder that you couldn't get off the net from someone.

If I'd known they were that much I'd have tried to get one for me :spoton: .

• Member For: 20y 4m 23d

I can probably get a cd version of it when I know how much it is maybe a few of us can split the cost? probably not the right thing to do, but at $990 a copy they gotta expect that. I dont think the version I can get is quite that much but when my manual supplier gets a hold of it, I will let you know.

• Member For: 20y 4m 23d

I remember asking my book supplier when I first bought my ute, and when he told me the price I told him to forget it. but if I get enough people in I will buy it and copy for everyone. I have spent thousands on manuals over the years but 990 for one model seems excessive.