044 And Swirl Pot

• Member For: 17y 6m 23d

my pump came with a wrap around bracket which was lined with hi density foam.

I honestly cant hear a thing in my cab, when you stand beside the tray you can hear it spinning or open the doors

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 17y 10m 28d
my pump came with a wrap around bracket which was lined with hi density foam.

I honestly cant hear a thing in my cab, when you stand beside the tray you can hear it spinning or open the doors

if you have a genuine 044 they are quite but the copys noisy as and they look identical

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 26d

Even the genuine 044 is loud in the warmer weather. Adam and Fatz were right ( And actually agree on something!) The utes don't suffer from surge anywhere near as much as the sedans.

When I used to run at Calder and Heathcote, I ran with the fuel light on some runs and never had surge problems.

I do run a set up now the has and in tank Walbro feeding a swirl pot that an 044 draws from and supplies the fuel rail, but I am running 400rwkw + now.

Both setups have been powered right though, don't ever try to feed both pumps with the same feed wire, they will draw too much current and the pumps will die.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 23d
Mine was surging badly with half a tank around Wakefield park, so surge tank is a must for track work

sedans are different to utes, with the ute you can run alot lower fuel level. the higher the power with the sedans the worse they get. I remember craig had to run over 3 quarters of a tank to drag his when it was making 385ish rwkw

• 1 month later...
  • The 'nice guy'
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 22d

I originally had a standard Ford pump (of course!) and had a Walbro fitted to the standard caddy by others who will remain nameless. No end of trouble, and ultimately even found one of the stock fuel lines were cracked in the assembly and kindly replaced 'under warranty', sort of expressed as a favour as I took it - shheeesh!

Still perhaps remained a problem....

Got a REALLY nice setup installed by C&V who went back to the standard Ford pump in tank (whole assembly new) and pulled out the Walbro assembly with the fix including an ugly clamp...

C&V added a 2L surge tank low on the passenger side of the engine bay low at the firewall with Bosch 044. Very nice!

Agree re noise - WOW! As someone asked me recently, does that thing have a supercharger installed - ha ha ha. Fun to begin with as it adds some noise 'bling' but it does get to you, particualrly as a daily driver and family car!

I'll no doubt get some rubber mounts for the pump, and am sure C&V would do this anyway.

Talk to Jeff or Con about this one (sedan).

• Member For: 17y 8m 13d

A couple of things our custom surge tanks are 3 litres and the noise is unavoidable as that's the noise of a Bosch pump,sounds better than rods leaving the motor

CV PERFORMANCE

• The 'nice guy'
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 22d
A couple of things our custom surge tanks are 3 litres and the noise is unavoidable as that's the noise of a Bosch pump,sounds better than rods leaving the motor

CV PERFORMANCE

:spoton: Yes, a much better sound. Love your humour!

Thanks BTW.