044 And Swirl Pot

• Member For: 19y 5m 16d
A couple of things our custom surge tanks are 3 litres and the noise is unavoidable as that's the noise of a Bosch pump,sounds better than rods leaving the motor

CV PERFORMANCE

How much do you sell these kits for?

Chris :spoton:

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 19y 9m 26d

So which lines go where ? It seems as though there are 4 hoses from the surge tank/swirl pot.There are 3 from the standard setup. Where does the fuel return line go to? The petrol tank or surge tank ? Does the fuel tank pump line go into the top of the tank? I cant see where all the lines are hooked up.Can someone please shed some light on this?

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...st&id=28694

Looks like I try to will sort this out myself. This thread doesnt mean much with out a proper expalanation.

In this photo it appears that the fuel feed from the tank is connected and feeding fuel to the top of the surge tank. Athe bottom I can vaguely see a red hose going to ? The new bosch pump. There are 2 hoses off the side of this unit.The red one appears to be going into the return line connection to the tank.I can only then assume the other hose is the feed from the fuel regulator intended as the return line.

Edited by useless

• Member For: 20y 7m 10d

Return from rail can either go to the top of the surge tank or back to the return line and straight back to the tank, if you send it straight back to the tank it means that you will need a good low pressure pump to keep up with the 044, but if you feed the return back to the top of the surge tank this will help replenish the surge tank and you will probably be fine with the standard intank pump.

The bottom of the tank goes to the inlet side of the 044 pump then the outlet from the 044 goes to the fuel rail, and finaly if you have put the return from the rail into the top of the surge tank you then need to run the other pipe which is usually near the top of the surge tank back into the factory return line near your chassis rail.

Have a look

hope this helps rather than confuse

Return from rail can either go to the top of the surge tank or back to the return line and straight back to the tank, if you send it straight back to the tank it means that you will need a good low pressure pump to keep up with the 044, but if you feed the return back to the top of the surge tank this will help replenish the surge tank and you will probably be fine with the standard intank pump.

The bottom of the tank goes to the inlet side of the 044 pump then the outlet from the 044 goes to the fuel rail, and finaly if you have put the return from the rail into the top of the surge tank you then need to run the other pipe which is usually near the top of the surge tank back into the factory return line near your chassis rail.

Have a look

hope this helps rather than confuse

that's pretty good mate.Good on you:)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...