Labor Landslide?

TurboDewd

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 9d
"This is the Recession we had to have"........ :blink:

that's what'l happen.....

Well it was keating that really set up or economy, John Howard is merely riding his good work, and of course the massive growth in China.

What a load of crap, typical Labour stooge talk :spoton::tease:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 18y 2m 1d

Yeah, will be an interesting year...

I like Rudd, but the rest of his party sucks, I also like John Howard as he has done a good job all up I think compared to what he started with...

Bracks needs to go...

Bring back Jeff!!! :)

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 6m 23d

They are both a buch of tossers and I wish I didnt have to vote.. One way or another one of the useless morons will some how stuff up and try cover it up as per usual..

• Member For: 18y 5m 26d
I'm going to vote Labor this year (voted Howard the first 3 times), but I am worried, I don't think its good for Australia to be a total Labor party shop - federal and all 8 state/territory governments.

Any country needs TWO good strong parties to keep the other one in check.

Where are the Libs going wrong, if they are going wrong at all?

Are they too socially conservative?  Too much in favor of American-style policies?  :spoton:

No need to worry - your prediction will not come true because NSW is about to vote in a Liberal Government for the first time in many years. People in this state are sick of being destroyed by Labor ministers who fatten their pockets. Our clogged roads, lack of public transport, extreme property prices and stamp duty taxes, lack of health services are just some of the obvious results.

Although there could be many an argument that says this would happen with either government......!!!!

• FG Falcon fan!
  • Member For: 20y 8m 22d
I'm going to vote Labor this year (voted Howard the first 3 times), but I am worried, I don't think its good for Australia to be a total Labor party shop - federal and all 8 state/territory governments.

Are they too socially conservative?  Too much in favor of American-style policies?  :spoton:

No need to worry - your prediction will not come true because NSW is about to vote in a Liberal Government for the first time in many years. People in this state are sick of being destroyed by Labor ministers who fatten their pockets. Our clogged roads, lack of public transport, extreme property prices and stamp duty taxes, lack of health services are just some of the obvious results.

Although there could be many an argument that says this would happen with either government......!!!!

Your clogged roads are coz you live in Sydney! Wouldnt matter who holds govt.

Extreme property prices are a reflection of supply and demand - Sydneysiders are well off on average and seem happy to pay 500k for a very ordinary property.

Move from Sydney and you'll be 50% happier.

• Member For: 18y 5m 26d

Your clogged roads are coz you live in Sydney! Wouldnt matter who holds govt.

Extreme property prices are a reflection of supply and demand - Sydneysiders are well off on average and seem happy to pay 500k for a very ordinary property.

Move from Sydney and you'll be 50% happier.

He he it's a funny world - I moved TO Sydney for the employment opportunities. I basically maxed out how much I could earn in Perth and Adelaide - moved to Sydney and DOUBLED my income. But you're right - there is a price to pay : Traffic snarls and high property prices.

Yep 500k for an average property is the going rate in Sydney - can't say I'm HAPPY to pay it though - but of course I had to, that's just the prices. But looking back at Perth which has gone mental in the last 2 years, it's almost the same prices back there now - so one has to judge the net effect.

I still think with better management, NSW could improve the roads and public transport plus lower the property prices...enough to make living here a bit more palettable anyway.

Let's see how well the Liberal government does!!!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4d

at state level labor has the goods to take the election but they need to weed out the bad element of complacent fat pollies sucking the brains trust dry.

mainly costa and tripod1

• Boostaholics anonymous
  • Member For: 17y 7m 18d

Property prices have been driven up as the govts legislations in all states, restrict whioch areas are available to be developed. its happening in melb and everywhere else too.

They only allow small sections to be developed and are driving teh population density up.

problem is they allow demand to be sustained higher than supply to keep prices up.

jsut recently they allowed an area not far from home to be developed and within a year 5 developers had thrown the first stage up. the Developers want to develop but the govt restricts when and where.

• Seriously Flukey Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7d

Why do we need state governments anyway?

For a country the size and poulation of Oz, we are over governed.

Too many fat cats.