Turbo Using Heaps Of Anti-freeze

jasonxr695

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 3d

no - definately not normal.

If there's no puddles on the garage floor I'd be getting the tranny oil checked ASAP (if auto).

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 5d

:spoton:

Also check your engine oil for comtamination, and it couold also end up in the combustion chamber if your head gasket is gone, but then your car should idle rough.

• Member For: 20y 11m 6d

My Mk1 XR6T used to use a bit....and it turns out there was some part related to the water pump that they ended up replacing (might have been a seal) - cant remember exactly what but it wasnt an uncommon problem.

I had no sign of coolant on the ground or in the oil etc. Perhaps it leaked while I was flooring it.

After that was fixed I never used a drop. On my Mk2 XR6T I have also never used a single drop.

• Member For: 17y 7m 10d

Hi again,

I have a 03 xr6t and I have just clocked 21k and it has been awesome apart from my coolant problem, I have read through the manual but nowhere does it say what coolant or any fluids for that matter that I should be using except windscreen washer fluid which since I topped up does not work all the best now, it just says to refer to the customer assistance, warranty and service guide which I do not have or did not get.

Could someone give me a list of oil, coolant, brake fluid, diff oil etc I should be using for best performance,

Thanks