Turbo Fuel Economy

Superoo

• Member For: 21y 3m 4d

I've been recording kms and litres from the start.

When I last filled up on 5th Jan I was at 203.37 litres for 1294km = 15.72 litre per 100 km. Just about all city driving and not always driving economically. Also the weather has been very hot with most days above 30C since collecting the car on 13th December. I'm hoping the consumption will improve after a few thousand kms and some cooler weather.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Kia Sorento
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 13d

I have had the XR6T since early Dec and it is getting about 17.2lt/100km around Sydney. I only put Shell Optimax in it.

Guest woosh
  • Guests
I have had the XR6T since early Dec and it is getting about 17.2lt/100km around Sydney. I only put Shell Optimax in it.

that's pretty high.. how are you driving it? hard?

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 16d

my car was roughly 15.5 on Saturday and went down to 12.9 on Sunday.. then went back up again.. i think my car is confused :(

• Code Monkey
  • Member For: 21y 4m 17d

My car is now averaging 14.1 -- but I only do city driving, so I'm sure its going to climb back up to 15. *sigh* .. I really need to start driving up to Sydney every weekend or something. :)

Guest cralli
  • Guests

Mine shows around mid/high 14's at the moment but was high 15's. However a quick trip to Naracoorte and back last Friday returned 11.1 L/100km according to my spreadsheet! Travelling at $1.15.

340.3km and 37.79L

I'm actually surprised by it, and rather happy too! :)

Cheers

Craig

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 21y 3m 4d

at my 3,000km check last Thursday I also expressed concern with fuel consumption (see my other post under diff problems). I have been struggling to average less than 17.0lt/100km driving around town - and that's driving with moderate accelleration and light throttle openings. I only have a 10km drive to work in heavy traffic with little chance to cruise at a steady speed. my average consumption to date since getting the car on 13/12/02 is 15.5lt/100km (using my spreadsheet). if you see my previous posts under "Wastegate Control" I described how my electronic control valve on the wastegate hose was not connected. after sending a photo to the dealer they told me it should be connected to the wiring harness as the valve should be connected to the EMS. it was apparently an oversight during assembley. anyway, to cut a long story short, the above problems meant the computer had to be re-programmed. the dealer downloaded the latest software for the XR6T and, guess what, that sorted the fuel consumption out. it was a different car driving out compared to driving in. straight away the fuel use was less when in instant measuring mode and the car felt smoother and more responsive. it will be interesting to see what the lt/100km is for the next tank full.

• SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 18d

FWIW - I am getting 16lt/100kms (ouch) but having only done about 650kms, I'm not worried just yet

• Member For: 21y 4m 27d

Richdave,

I have been told that placing the car in neutral and listening to the exhaust note has an adverse effect on fuel economy. :P

What % of your driving is city/highway?

At the rate I'm going, my first fill of Optimax will cost me $1.30/litre. :(