BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

Guest IMTRBO

Who is it happening to?  

1,278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 14y 1m 22d

Oww that sounds painful I had the same shudder in mine I changed discs to dbas and cleaned the hubs up really well and there was still shudder so I checked those bushes and there was heaps of movement in them just got them changed and it steers and stops like new car no vibration or movement throught the steering wheel anymore its made it soo much nicer to drive I can't recommend it enough

• 2 weeks later...
  • skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 3m

Brake booster rebuilt - no shudder at ALL and done about 5000km.

Bloody beautiful, Apparantly not enough grease or something was used during assembly of earlier boosters. Brakes feel completely different now much more responsive.

Just generally the booster wasn't faulty, but it was defiantly stuffed.

My bushes are original and still okay. It'll be getting some harder super pros put in at some point but it doesn't seem to be needed.

Car's done 160,000kms. I've seen the service record and brake shudder has been treated alot for my car over it's life :(

Edited by johnxr6t

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 10y 7m 22d

I have really bad shudder under braking. Had the wheel inlighment & balance done and still get a wiggle in the steering wheel could that have something to do with all the shuddering stuffing up the front bushes. Any idea cause still under warranty and will get it fixed before the mods.:unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 10y 8m 4d

Random Brake/Steering Wheel shudder in BA -BF at freeway speeds while not braking is usually caused by an over adjusted front pushrod in the brake booster.

If you have already spent money on pads and rotors believing the cause to be DTV or tried wheel balancing & tyres ect.... but have not solved the problem.

Have the booster checked. I have seen it happen on over halve a dozen vehicles in the last year or so.

Hope this may help

This sounds like my problem. I get severe shudder anywhere from 60-110km while driving normally. The whole car starts to shake and I can feel it through the steering wheel, I can even see the manual gear stick moving around heaps when it happens. Where would be a good place to get the brake booster checked, a wheel and tyre shop or a mechanic? "back off the rod between the booster and the master cylinder a few turns" Would this be a safe option to try? My car has only 55,000 kms on the clock and its an 05 mk2 manual. Cheers

Edited by Soroz

• 8 years later...
  • Member For: 5y 3m 24d

I have new dba slotted 355mm t3 rotors and brembo 6 piston calipers with the brembo pads on the front and braided lines all round . I bedded them in by doing 7-8 100kph down to 30kph slow downs. They were going fine but have now developed a shudder. I can only get it to shudder repeatedly by going 50kph and doing light braking to a stop. It gets quite violent if I don't lift off the pedal. If I brake hard it won't do it. Any ideas guys? I have cleaned the abs sensors and the plug on the abs sensor wire. Checked the caliper mounting bolts are tight and checked the front wheels spin freely and the rotors don't bind on the pads.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

check for brake disc and hub runout. If you have either or both, that'll be the cause and will need to be flatted out on both to sort it.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

The usual cause for excess runout is just sh*t/rust on the hub. Clean it off with a wire wheel and see if that helps. Hopefully those were gentle stops while bedding in otherwise it would have created a lot of heat, which may have warped the rotor. It's cheap enough to get the rotors faced while on the car so I wouldn't stress too much.