BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

Guest IMTRBO

Who is it happening to?  

1,278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest OXR-747
  • Guests

Disks were machined at 5000 then the problem is back again at 10000, not happy at all! Also for the 2nd time now the car has stalled going down a hill whilst in 2nd gear. :angry:

• ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 15d
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!

Agree I do 1/2 and 1/2, 4000k no brake problems yet. Interesting to see if autos are more prone than manuals.

But am noticing drive line shunt, damn :angry:

• I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 5d

auto, standard brakes, mainly city driving (so far), and 4,800 kms. No shudder.

• Member For: 21y 1m

Agree 1/2 1/2 option should be there. Maybe the Auto's suffer from more probs since they are more reliant on the brakes to slow if you dont use the SSS. Maybe its also since the out sell the manual. I wonder if Ford would cover there cost of standard discs and get you to pay the rest if you want after market? If they will I think I might develope ( just kidding ) shudder but as yet they are as good as gold.

• Member For: 21y 2m 30d

I think you are right mate concerning the Automatic cars suffering more than manuals but I would say there is a issue on Km driven as well.I thought mine was going to OK but they need doing now after I did 9000k.I am glad to hear some people have had success with getting the discs machined but the question is always going to be how long will this last for?.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 6d

I am probably 60% city & 40% highway. Had one set replaced at 18000 (13000 was highway driving QLD to WA and back) and the second set was machined 3500 klms ago. Shudder is back again and car is booked for next week for another machine job. Asked workshop if fix yet and he advised that they are still just told to keep machining until too small, then replace. Also advised by workshop supervisor that generally speaking, if it happens once, then it will continue to happen approx every 3500-5000 klms. Feels like I need to make a permanent booking for each 2 mths. Pain in the butt!!

Guest IMTRBO
  • Guests

given the current information it looks like the auto's might have a siggnificant problem this may be coz of the 1700 kg it is stopping hmm interesting poll

• SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 14d
given the current information it looks like the auto's might have a siggnificant problem this may be coz of the 1700 kg it is stopping hmm interesting poll

I don't think that the poll figures here are a big enough sample to draw that conclusion