BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

Guest IMTRBO

Who is it happening to?  

1,278 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest IMTRBO
  • Guests

It will be interesting to determine who are most affected by brake shudder what type of driving styles or transmissions are most prone to the problem.. If you are like me and have a XR6 Turbo on order and wish you were driving it brake shudder or not hang in there I am just...............

• Used to work at the Ford Proving Ground!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 2d

Ive done almost 12k in mine and drive the car around town and through the twisty stuff reasonably hard and no shudder. will be interesting to see the results of this pole!

• Member For: 21y 14d

Machined at 9800k's currently 14200k's shudder has not returned, driving is a combination of highway runs and town use, if it doesn't happen again I'll put it down to the "green disc" theory.

• Member For: 21y 3m 28d

Hmmm, you should of had a half half option. I do about half my km on the highway and half in the city. but if you go by my trip computer I am averageing 45km/h.. I had my disks machined and the problem hasnt come back. disks machined at 13000 now I have 20000

• Member For: 21y 2m 21d

Machined by the dealer at 8000km, now with 15170km on the clock the shudder is back worse than ever... :angry:

DBA slotted front rotors go on the car next Saturday. :thumbsup: