Suspension And Handling.

Dirty32

• Member For: 19y 7m 11d
I fitted king springs all round with bilstein shocks to my Tornado with 30mm & 22mm whitelines and it fantastic. Bilsteins made a huge difference. One thing really puzzles me when I read this forum is the number of people that fit camber kits when they lower their utes ??? I have had a BA I XR6T a BF XR6T and now a BF F6 Tornado and they have all had camber kits standard  from the factory so why get conned into paying for it again. (how do you tell ??? bolts from upper control arms will protrude about 10mm - 15mm past the nut on the inside of the shocker tower - simple as that) And yes I can get the necessary range of camber & castor adjustment. Good luck.

cuz the camber kits on the market offer MORE adjustment. which is what mine needed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 17y 9m 20d

Hi,

I've got Kings all round, lows up front and I think Lows in the back, the back doesn't sick level with the front so I may one day get it compressed a bit..

all up it cost 450 for the springs and a day to fit.

It really does firm up the ride quite a lot.

Also Ive got the white like 27mm front sway bar which helps a lot keeping things flat though tight turns and most of all helps a hell of a lot with the stock setups tendency to want to keep doing straight through fast turns.

I will eventually get around to putting in a rear sway bar one day.

If I was to do anything differently again I would go something better up front.

with the rear there isn't much choice, the main ones are king and pedders (which suck)

the pedders rear spring uses 4 fat leafs, the kings use 6 thinner springs, so they ride wont be as hash on the back

Alot of people have super lows in the front which look good but with this cars excessing front overhang and failer to fit length ways into normal length car spots I'm always scraping the front.

• 11 months later...
  • rob327
  • Member For: 16y 1m 6d
had mine lowered about 2.5' front and 4' in the rear. I used kings all round with std shocks and I reckon it rides bloody awesome considering whats been done! im "thinking" about doing the swaybar upgrade but honestly I dont think its needed the car barely bodyrolls at all as it is!

unless u live in a twisty area or gunna attend track days your money is better spent elsewhere instead of shocks/coilovers!

that's exactly the advice ive been looking for after reading forums for the last 2hours.... I was going to do king springs, then thought about whiteline gear for something a little better... but as you say, I'll really never attend a track day, or enough to notice the difference between 2 different suspension setups... so I think I'll do the kings and spend the cash on KWs

• RUS531
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m

I rang up Pedders in Rockhampton (central QLD) and they quoted me about $1300 for new lower front springs, their camber kit, reversed eye lowered leafs, bushes for the rear, fitted and aligned.

Whats your opinions on this price?

• Mad Scientist
  • Member For: 19y 4m 21d

to dear, I paid less than half that for for pedders coils and pedders leafs and new bushes installed with a wheel alignment as well...

• Member For: 16y 6m 16d

I have king springs all round, the rears are about 60mm lower and front about 20mm. Rear end gets crazy tramp with the lowered springs, king springs reckon I need to change my shocks has anyone found that difference shocks have stoped the tramp? I dont want to waste more money if its still gona tramp, looks hot low in the arse but car is useless, cant wheelspin without tramping.

Edited by Josh636

• Member For: 16y 6m 16d

yeah for 900$ though I would rather just have my stock springs in and look like a 4b....

I have heard for 800$ I can get some bilsten shocks that the v8 utes use that will stop the tramp.

• Member For: 16y 4m 5d

I've got Bilstein's adjustable's up front not too sure what their set at probly about 50mm lower than stock.

Bilstein's in the rear with pedders lowered leaf's with one leaf removed and transverse trailing arms welded to the top of the diff, Absolutly no tramp with this setup and it get's a hell of a lot of traction with the extra arm's but it needs it with all the extra power.

I'm not sure about the sway bars but they don't look stock.

With this setup it drives superb very little body roll mid corner and when you get on the gas it just squats ever so slightly and pulls like a freight train (unless your right foot gets too heavy, Read: cloud of white smoke).

Aaron,