Turbo Oil Supply Screen Cleaning

Ralph Wiggum

• Into the laaaake
  • Member For: 16y 10m 5d

I wimped out and cleaned my 5,000klm old one filter and stuck it back in. I cut s spanner in half this time and fairly easily got it in and out at night with plenty of shadows..... Cleaned the filter up at work in the ultrasonic cleaner, gave it a good flush with contact cleaner, soaked it in X-55 then blew it out with compressed air.

• Member For: 16y 9m 27d

The guys at Nizpro have never seen a Turbo failure caused by this in their workshop. Dave seemed to think it was purely down to the quality of oil and service intervals.

I will be changing mine to a new one at my service next week.

• It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 21d

When you look at parts costs, development work, and warranty costs. I don't think that they put it in there just for the sake of it. Leave well enough alone I reckon

• Member For: 16y 6m 3d
The beers mite numb the pain you feel when your smashing your head agains the wall of the garage.

Ive done worse jobs, but its just the lack of access. It was made worse for me as I have a T piece fitted for my oil pressure sender and electric oil pressure gauge.

Hi,

If anyone in western Sydney could do this for me, I would pay you.... PM me if your interested. State your price too..

• Member For: 16y 9m 27d

Ok Purchased a new oil feed filter assembly yesterday from ford, cost me $51 trade.

the thing is, that there is no record of there being a revision of this part in the ford system. So as far as they were concerned this part has never been revised and remains the same as the original BA part no.

worthwhile changing this every 30,000 km at this price, perhaps just a cleaning in between.

• Member For: 19y 15d

I changed mine last weekend and the new adapter fitting and washers were slightly different from my old one. I ordered the part #s previously mentioned here.

The difference was that my old washers have a black hard inner material reducing the inner diameter of them and fit my old adapter ok. But my old washers did not fit the new adapter. The new adapter has an extra thick diameter nearest to the hex part, just for the new washers. So lucky I ordered the new washers which are like the ones at the start of this topic. Here's a pic of my old adapter and washers from my Dec 02 BA. Cheers.

Ben

post-6361-1208856450_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 2d

I've got one of ETM's oil filter kits, which I'll be putting on my newly refurbished turbo soon. So it will be a new oil line in a new(ish) turbocharger, so there will be oil starvation for a short time...

I've heard somewhere that you should prime the oil lines before running the engine, by disconnecting the coil and turning the engine over. However, XR6T's have individual coils which are hard(er) to disconnect.

Should I be priming the lines first, and if so, how??