Turbo Oil Supply Screen Cleaning

Ralph Wiggum

• Member For: 10y 10m 28d

Hi everyone, going to resurrect this thread. Just purchased a BF Typhoon and have also bought a braided oil supply line kit, will be removing this filter as well. I have read a few times that the process is slightly more complicated in an F6 than it is in an XR6 Turbo. Is it just the oil cooler sandwich plate that's different? Is there anything else that I would specifically need to get or do to perform this on an F6?

Cheers guys 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 6d

the difference is in the oil pressure sensor (that is actually for the stock oil pressure gauge) which you have to remove from the top of the oil supply line connector before you can get the connector out at all, so you can't put a socket on it, basically, but you have to hold it with two spanners.

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 10m 28d

Cheers Keith, so from what I understand without looking at this, where others use the deep socket and a spanner, ill have to use two 24mm spanners? I wont be able to use the deep socket until I get the banjo off and I want to take the last fitting off?

Thanks for that mate, sounds like a PITA but were already on a roll with pulling this thing apart so might as well do it now before we change oil and oil filter

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

yep... that's basically correct (I can't remember if it's 24 or 22mm, but something like that). It's a bit of a stuff about, but not too difficult - you need to shorten one anyway, so you should have a full-size backup to do the "holding".

• Like 1

• Member For: 5y 1m 8d

Hi all,

I have an 07 TTG and had the oil sensor on the feed line go it fits into the top of the banjo,well what I did was took the sensor out and plugged it with a brass plug so what I want to know is will this affect the oil supply? ,also the harness plug that clips onto the sensor well that broke at the wire that plugs onto the sensor are they a sealed unit?.Any advice is appreciated so thanks in advance. 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

Nope, it's fine to just have the plug in there as it won't affect oil supply.

Just get a new plug and wiring (from either ford spares or a wrecker) and splice it back in.

• 8 months later...