Edit.

MR-XR

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 16y 9m 9d

Couple of questions- Are CAPA flash tuners the best quality? If not who do you reckon make the best ones? Also, where do you recommend grabbin one from? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks lads.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 24d

Hey guys, in relation to the Edit, if you get the flash tuner box, can you load the edit from the same model say, a BA and load the edit from a Mk II Manual, to a MK II Auto ????

Asuming you have the software to load the edit onto a Flash tuner box.

Edited by kilmo

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 6d

If you have a new or an unlocked box , your tuner can load maps to suit which ever model or transmission you may have. Cant understand why you want to flash a manual map into an auto

car or vise versa in any case.

Box is vin locked to one vehicle. Cannot be used on multiple cars as

one will have to be flashed back to stock and the box reset to another Vin to allow use on another vehicle.This will use up one of the boxes lives every time you do this.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 24d

Roger......I knew about the 5 life thing with the boxes, and I wasn't intending to flash my auto with a manual tune if it was detrimental.....I didn't really want to go see a tuner just to have a "generic" tune placed into my box, if I could get away with loading said "generic" tune from another car (in this case being a BA Mk II manual) onto my car. I guess my question was, is it a completely different tune ???

Answer, Yes.

Cheers,

Kilmo

• Member For: 16y 10m 10d

When people say the Flash tune is detectable by Ford service centres, is that the case even if you flash back the factory tune before you take it in for service?

Guest newl
  • Guests

It is detectable on the BF models.

It is also detectable on the BA models as well if Ford have performed a maintenance flash of the ECM which will not be present or downloaded again into the flash tuner. What happens is that they update the ECM, you flash the older map back to the car before taking it into its next service and they know that the car should have version X software and not the older version Y that you'd put back into it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 11m 9d

Hi all ...

I have read all the posts about these CAPA flash tunes and am still a little confused so please forgive me.

Firstly when I buy my CAPA flash tune and take it out of the box is it a matter of just plugging it in?

Has the CAPA box already got tunes on it? If so what sort of tunes are they?

If they dont come with tunes then do you have to take them to a specific tuner to get it done? If so what is the additional cost?

Sorry if this is a repeated thread but I did try! :beerchug:

Cheers

• Formerly XR6NA
  • Member For: 18y 4m 26d

If you buy a box with generic tunes in it then you will be able to plug that in and load up the tune you want. If you buy just a blank box you will then need to get it custom tuned or generic tunes put onto the box. Custom tunes are the way to go.