CJF077

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 6m 7d

Not that i know of.. only a day old.. but who knows if their is an issues in the next week or so.. also cost.. $2100 fitted..

• some guy...
  • Member For: 21y 6m 5d
Not that I know of.. only a day old.. but who knows if their is an issues in the next week or so.. also cost.. $2100 fitted..

That price should come down eventually considering these things are one-offs!

BTW, that's 257kw at the flywheel - I spoke to one of the guys from city ford today and he was telling me about it.

sounds promising! with some fine tuning, a good exhaust setup should bring about 260fwkw easily!

• SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 8d

Heres a quote form an article at Autospeed:

The turbo fed 4.0-litre is surely set to make one huge splash in the aftermarket go-fast industry. Let's take a close look at how quick the BA XR6 should turn out with just a few basic mods (obviously at this stage I'm only speculating here)... The first recommendation listed in the Guide to Modifying Turbocharged Cars relates to the exhaust - you'd unbolt the stockie system and whack on something that'll flow more cfm with minimal restriction. Given the huge volume of air that this motor inevitably flows, it might be wise to opt for a pipe larger than the popular 3-inch. If you can physically fit one, I reckon a 3½-inch system with an equally sized high-flow cat and straight-through muffler ought to bring out another 10 - 15 percent more power (without touching boost). Then, with a little bit more pipe enlargement on the intake side, you should be able to find a further 5 - 10 percent more power

heres the link to the full article. It's dated 22/10 but I don't remember seeing it before.

http://www.autospeed.com/A_1573/page1.html

Guest esky
  • Guests
Not that I know of.. only a day old.. but who knows if their is an issues in the next week or so.. also cost.. $2100 fitted..

That price should come down eventually considering these things are one-offs!

BTW, that's 257kw at the flywheel - I spoke to one of the guys from city ford today and he was telling me about it.

sounds promising! with some fine tuning, a good exhaust setup should bring about 260fwkw easily!

The 257kw at the fly must be a BS figure. I doubt they took the engine out and dynoed it on an engine dyno.

So what is it at the wheels? And how did they get that figure?

To much BS to get any clear proof.

My beast had 202kw at the wheels, STANDARD. The 180kw info is ??.

I'd like to know what drivetrain loss they attributed to the XR6T to work out the fly wheel figure.

esky

• 00-XRG / 006-FPV
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 13d

Hey guys. Will be getting new exhaust for my car within the next month, just gotta get some dollars together. It's an entire exhaust from turbo back. Starts with a 3.5inch dump pipe off the turbo with a 2inch wastegate pipe. Collects in a 3inch high flow cat. Then just a 3inch stainless steel, mandrell bent exhaust back to a stainless muffler, and going back out thru the original tip, cos it looks soo nice. All up with a cold air intake it's $3000.

Got a mate with mini-disc, so when I get the exhaust I'll get a recording of it and post it on here.

Guest KiwiXR6T
  • Guests

Goose, your an attractive man.

Would love to hear the stats on change in kw it makes! The exhaust is the first update needed to make any amazing performance figures. I'm dying to know whether the computer detects any changes..... If not, I'd go the intercooler and boost next..... not sure about the fuel pump?.... Anyone have any idea about whether it'll keep up with the extra consumption???

• TRAITOR
  • Member For: 21y 5m 30d
To much BS to get any clear proof.

My beast had 202kw at the wheels, STANDARD. The 180kw info is ??.  

I'd like to know what drivetrain loss they attributed to the XR6T to work out the fly wheel figure.

esky

Well yours was dynoed in shootout mode if I remember correctly?

It's typically considered to give you a 10% increase over 'normal' mode on a dyno. (That's where the 180kw at the wheels comes from)

So comparing your figure to this figure will prove fruitless. Different dynos, different settings, forget it.

But this figure given seems to match nicely to Ford's figures of 240kw at the fly. 257kw sounds spot on after an exhaust change.

I need to talk to my dealer about my warranty... :cry:

Stupid aftermarket exhausts!! :lol:

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 6m 7d

Well today i took the plunge and got the exhaust done at Hi Tech Mufflers Sydney straight through exhaust from the turbo back.. sounds alot deeper too but not overwhelming, also changed the air filter to a K&N air filter. They have given me the original stuff so in case their is an issue with warranty i can put it back..

but.. all in all the car feels quicker, deeper, and you can actually hear more air being sucked into the car.. it feels and sounds awesome..

ill take some shots of it as soon as i can and give you a full rundown on how things go.. but other then that im happy :D Thanks to Lambros for an excellent job..

In regards to the computer detecting changes ive been told that the cat is in the same place within the chain so the computer should not notice any difference at all. (this is what they told me). I had a look at the Dyno sheets from the car that was for City Ford 180 Rear Wheel KW and after with the exhaust 197.. im not too sure how they work things out but im pretty sure that means the car is now 257KW? maybe someone can correct me?

The car ive been told is now 271KW.

Edited by CJF077