Hoon Laws..

Headsex

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 17d

Just had my car impounded tonight due to the hoon laws..

Not trying to flame the 2 cops who pulled me over, as they were total gentleman about it..

Had a mates mate in the car, wanted to know what a ba turbo went like.. went to servo to get smokes for a few other guys, and when I pulled out, I nailed it.. being wet, it didnt take much for it to break traction. Although it didnt step out, the noise was a dead give away what was going on..

Anyways, it was just so be it the cops were about to pull into the same servo. Based on the layout of the streets, there was no way I could have spotted them. They didnt see me, they only heard me, followed me and saw it.

Anyways, they pulled me up, asked me why I was doing what I did.. I told them honestly I was mearly showing this dude how the car went, he said that was fine until it broke wheelspin..

Now before anyone asks, I kept my foot in it.. so it wheelspun for some time..

He said he will radio back, explaining the situation and see if his authorised to tow it.. 20 mns later comes back and said yep, we're impounding your car for 48 hours.

with-in 20 mins, a tow truck had arrived, during that time, the 2 police officers went over the car with me, checked for any damage what so ever, even took photos of all 4 sides, and signed off that the vehicle had no damage. Obviously just incase the car gets damaged in the impound.

Whilst we was doing this, he also allowed me to flash a valet tune into the car, but said he will garentee the car will not be driven more than 100metre's.. only to park it in the lot.

He even wrote down any modifications that can be removed in the lot, ie, stereo's, subs etc.. things not bolted to the car..

When the towtruck came, I was rather concerned about my front bar being damaged. the tilt tray had ramp extentions which was put under the front wheels, and the tray was leveled up to prevent it from hitting.

The tow truck driver ALSO took some photos of the front bar, and rear bar just incase he damages it.

Overall, I am highly inconvenianced by these hoon laws, 48 hours its impounded for, but due to public holidays, I wont have it until wednesday morning.

It will cost me $470 to release the car, and I'll have a sumons to goto court in the new year.

The 2 police officers were gentlemen about the whole situation, explained everything to me and even gave me a few pointers on what to expect in court.

After seeing all the effort they went with me into car damages, I feel hell of a lot more secure that my car is goign to be taken care of, and he assures any damges done after the towtruck leaves is totally covered.

I've learnt by my mistake, and high inconvenianced by this especially over christmas, But, read this and dont do the same thing yourself..

Also, please keep this thread clean and save the flaming to yourself..

Danny

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 4m 21d

fark that sucks dude..

I think I better pass this on to a few cousins and mates that drive like morons.

good luck with the beast in the future, I hope everything goes alright for you :spoton:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 4m 21d

not being a dick to zedman or anything.. but highway patrol cars are made to be used to "patrol highways". now im not one to applaud these hoon laws or whatever, but what happened has happened, and at least the cops weren't complete arseholes and took care of headsex's pride and joy after they caught him doing something illegal.

• Member For: 18y 5m 5d
How come I get the feeling that Headsex kind of enjoyed the whole experience, in wierd, twisted kind of way.

Yeah that's what I thought at first, it was almost a proud explanation...

But losing your car like this for a number of days and a $470 buck fine, not nice at all.

It was either headsex or me sending this message, I'm gonna have to start taking it easy from here on, I don't want the same.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 5d

good to see the lengths they went to and not just fobb you off and smash it onto a tow truck..

good luck in court!!

real unlucky with all the public holidays hey!

• Donating Members
How come I get the feeling that Headsex kind of enjoyed the whole experience, in wierd, twisted kind of way.

Yeah that's what I thought at first, it was almost a proud explanation...

But losing your car like this for a number of days and a $470 buck fine, not nice at all.

It was either headsex or me sending this message, I'm gonna have to start taking it easy from here on, I don't want the same.

Believe me buddy, I'm not proud of this what so ever.. Due to the inconveniance of having no car, I cannot go and meet with my family for christmas..

I was never for these hoon laws to begin with, but whats done is done, I'm coping it on the chin.

Main reason I posted it here was to tell everyone of my experiance with this.. No doubt I was not the first, nor will I be the last member on this forum to get my car impounded.

$470 to release the car, and summons for court with more possibly fines / loss of licence / demerit points..

• Donating Members
not being a dick to zedman or anything.. but highway patrol cars are made to be used to "patrol highways". now im not one to applaud these hoon laws or whatever, but what happened has happened, and at least the cops weren't complete arseholes and took care of headsex's pride and joy after they caught him doing something illegal.

exactly, I've got one less worry about my car being damaged in the impound due to how professional the 2 cops, and the tow truck driver were.

• Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 28d

Not good Danny... pain in the backside about the fine and the court appearance, what is the reason you have to front court over this?

Jack :spoton: