Boost Solenoid Maintenance

ZAP

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 12d

I really wanna do it on mine but it has a weird looking clamped clip on it which doesnt look like its coming of unless I cut the metal crimp bit and replace it with a normal clamp.

Is there anyway to remove it without cutting the clamp?

• 100,000Ks and still going strong.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 6d

It will come off will a bit of effort, just be careful and dont bend and twist. Just a nice straight pull.

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 12d

Finally got around to doing this and I have noticed an improvement, especially in boost response and consistency. It is certainly worthwhile to do and ill be doing it now every 5000-10000k's.

If anyone has the stupid crimp clamp on their hose like I did, the hose does come off with some effort, just pull upwards slowly. Also I found that removing the coolant tank and undoing the solenoid bolt allows you to have significant room.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 2m 15d

Just did mine, can feel a real difference but it feels like there is a vibration as it goes onto boost?

Is this normal? My car has 90,000 on the clock and it is the first time I have done it, no other mods yet.

Usually the power comes on really smoothly but when it comes on now it feels like there is a slight vibration?

Any ideas guys?

• I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 23d

Just did this,, noticed an improvement on coming onto boost quicker.. I attached the nossil on the WD40 and put it down the pipe then sprayed till it started pissing out (only a couple of seconds) it was all this brown crap coming out.. also put the nossil in the solenoid and did the same thing till all the brown crap came out..

• 4 weeks later...
  • Cryptic Clothing Company
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 10d

hey quick question.. doesnt really have to do with the maintenance.. but the hose that comes out the side of the solarnoid.. does that run to the front og the turbo? and the hose that comes out the bottom of the solarnoid go to the actuator? or otherway round? I am putting my turbo backtogether and cannot remember which way it goes