Boost Solenoid Maintenance

ZAP

• Member For: 17y 10m 2d

thanks zap f6,did mine today along with the difillipo turbo pipes,makes a nice improvement,took 5 min didint need to take the battery out,just used a long pair of pliers very easy

thanks lee

• Member For: 18y 6m 23d

Ok guys got everything done except for getting that baslted little hose off

The clamp had a bit of rust on it so I didn't wanna pull it off otherwise I thought I'd break the hose or something.

Put everything back together. I then thought wouldn't it be easier to put a t peice further on on the hose that connects to the boost solenoid and install the t peice of some sort then access would be easier.

Just an idea. Perhaps someone more mechincally minded could say if this is a viable solution

I have attached a picture with my idea

EDIT:

blue t squiggle is the proposed t peice and red circle is where I thought I could be located. Of course there would be some sort of thing to block the 3rd hole on the t peice

feedback???

post-7323-1167279465_thumb.jpg

Edited by BA_XR6Turbo_Ute

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 21d

We tried it last night on my mates stock T and it made a difference for sure.Coming on boost earlier in higher gears which is what he said was originally lacking.

Cheers fellas :msm:

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 15d

I guess you could put a T piece on, but the removal of the hose is easy.

Just grab the hose above the clamp and twist 'n pull it straight off.

The clamp does not hold the hose on much as there is not a lot of pressure running through the hose.

I am glad people are finding this a good maintenance procedure as it will make a noticable difference to the performance.

• Like 1

• Member For: 18y 11m 3d

Hi guys this is my first post on here, so I hope you will go easy on me. Iv ahd a T for about 6 months now and love the car!! I tried this but the other end of the hose came of, im not sure where it goes. Could some on instruct me on where it fits or could someone take a picture. it would be even grater help. Thanks alot

• Like 1

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 21d
Hi guys this is my first post on here, so I hope you will go easy on me. Iv ahd a T for about 6 months now and love the car!! I tried this but the other end of the hose came of, im not sure where it goes. Could some on instruct me on where it fits or could someone take a picture. it would be even grater help. Thanks alot

There are 2 hoses that run on to the solinoid.Is it the top hose or the bottom?

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 21d
Ok guys got everything done except for getting that baslted little hose off

The clamp had a bit of rust on it so I didn't wanna pull it off otherwise I thought I'd break the hose or something.

Put everything back together.  I then thought wouldn't it be easier to put a t peice further on on the hose that connects to the boost solenoid and install the t peice of some sort then access would be easier.

Just an idea.  Perhaps someone more mechincally minded could say if this is a viable solution

I have attached a picture with my idea

EDIT:

blue t squiggle is the proposed t peice and red circle is where I thought I could be located.  Of course there would be some sort of thing to block the 3rd hole on the t peice

feedback???

haaa I'm calling you Mr squiggle from now on!!!!

good idea, but once you get the hose of once it's not too bad after.

My hose was on so tight that is was actually hard to get back on and I took half the car apart to do it, so I can see why some people have problems. Also the solenoid will unclip from the bracket once you see how the clip works.

A small problem with my T (6sp man) is that when cruising and I put my foot down, sometimes the car doesn't react and then suddenly hits boost and takes off. This may be linked to the solenoid and I'm monitoring if the car does it again.

Great post Zap...... next a guise to manifold torquing. I'll do this in the next month and take some pics. Cheers all!!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 27d
does not make much difference unless you have a factory alarm.

If you do, make sure the ignition is on then remote the + terminal first to avoid the alarm going off.

should always disconnect your negative terminal first