Boost Solenoid Maintenance

ZAP

• Member For: 17y 4m 16d
Mine worked awsome..... for one day then it was back to normal.

If the car only got better for a few days the solenoid could be sticking to the point where the spray doens't have a lasting effect, you could try a borrowing a mates solenoid who has had success, then buy a new one and lube it regulary from day one. I'm yet to actually monitor the solenoid duty cycle with the pds and make recordings before and after to get some hard evidence that it works, It feels like it made a difference to my car and other people agree, just wanted some figures just out of curiosity

• Tractor Driver
  • Member For: 18y 1m 18d

mbc ... Manual Boost Controller? aka bleed valve?

Care to elaborate why you use this rather than the solenoid? You got me interested

Edited by loopism

• MASSIVE MEMBER
  • Member For: 18y 9m 15d

I have done this to my car and it made a huge difference, but then again when my battery went flat and I replaced it did the same thing, so it got my wondering does disconecting the battery and reseting the computer make the difference not the solenoid?

• Pelican
  • Member For: 18y 8m 3d

I did this on my car over the weekend, and it's definitely helped.... my cars been feeling lethargic of late.... but after this little 10 minute fix, it's certainly feeling like it used to......

I think my car still has issues though, as it does not seem to pull as hard or for that matter as quietly as it used to...... and it's only got 38,000km on the clock.......