Cops, P Platers & Xr6 Turbos

PURVIE

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 18y 11m 9d

I used to get a lot of cop attention in my EF Xr6 (17" AJR's, big stereo) despite the car being fully roadworthy. one night I was pulled over 4 (yes, FOUR) times... asked the cop whether they log each car they pull over, which they don't. one cop tried to book me for 30km.h over the limit, despite me having my cruise control on. laughed at him and asked for a radar readout, which he couldn't supply.

he then went on to say "you P-platers in these sort of cars are the idiots that kill people on our roads" and proceded to write a ticket for me crossing double white lines even though I didn't. I was fuming, and he said "take it to the courts pal, your word against 2 cops. good luck to ya"

I'm not even a threatening person that looks like a hoon! hell, I have red hair!

with the XR6T which I've had since getting off my P's, I rarely get pulled over. although, if its a young male cop, he will usually jump on his high horse and try to throw the book at me. if its an older bloke, they tend to appreciate the fact I work hard for my car, I'm passionate about it and its well looked after.

once when I was pulled over in the EF, I asked the cop which cars they target and he said they are instructed to pull over P-platers, WRX's, VL turbos, XR6 / XR8 and skylines. they're popular performance cars, and more often that not driven by dickheads that ruin it for the rest of us well behaved folk.

I'm done ranting.

• Fastest Taxi In Melbourne
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 9d

hey mate, ive got a ba xr6 n/a and im on my p plates, I have the same problem as what you had. cops always seem to want to pull me over for no reason just to check out the car and find any excuse they can to book me on something, majority of times I get pulled over they ask to see under the bonnet.

what happened when you got a ticket for going over double lines?

• Team Kickass
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 23d
I'm not even a threatening person that looks like a hoon! hell, I have red hair!

That's as good an excuse as I've ever heard. :spoton:

• Member For: 18y 11m 9d

xr6boy: I contacted a lawyer that specializes in traffic offenses. given my track history (about 3 minor speeding fines prior) he said, its your word against theirs. Not worth the exercise. I just copped it on the chin and got on with it.

since having my full licence, I don't get anywhere near as much attention for "random" pull-overs. female cops love the 20's too :)

• KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member For: 17y 11m 16d

Well if you read my other thread I took 3 cops to court defened my self with about 3-4 priors and I won, they just use the "im cop you dont stand a chance" which is crap in court it aint about the badge its about the evidence.

Edited by ypurv4

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m
xr6boy: I contacted a lawyer that specializes in traffic offenses. given my track history (about 3 minor speeding fines prior) he said, its your word against theirs. Not worth the exercise. I just copped it on the chin and got on with it.

since having my full licence, I don't get anywhere near as much attention for "random" pull-overs. female cops love the 20's too :)

Your poor history is erelevant and prejuducil at court and cannot be brought into the matter until you are found guilty. So what he told you is crap.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 25d
I'd suggest (and I can't believe this hasn't been said already in 4 pages of thread) that the reason you're getting attention from the cops is because you're not supposed to be driving the car on your Ps

XR6Ts are on the probationary driver banned vehicles list (go to the vicroads website to download the files if you like) for being high powered cars: any cop worth his salt should be pinging you for driving one. Heck, any V8 is out of the question too.

So whinge all you like.

umm right now the limit is 125kw/tonne or 3.5L/tonne..

the v8, turbo, supercharged, and high powered sixes ban is being enforced as of July 1 next year.

Failed maths at school did you? For an XR6T (say 240kw) to be considered legal under the 125kw/tonne rule she'd have to weigh 1920kg from factory. Seeing as the XR6T weight is more like 1700kg, I'd say its very much a high powered vehicle, and is quite rightly on the banned vehicles list (which I assume you failed to bother looking at). Its been on this list for some time, even before any talk of any new P-plate regulations came to the fore.

Furthermore, V8s have been banned P-plater vehicles for some time too, regardless of their respective ratios.

Consider yourself owned mathematically. :roflmbo:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 13d
I'd suggest (and I can't believe this hasn't been said already in 4 pages of thread) that the reason you're getting attention from the cops is because you're not supposed to be driving the car on your Ps

XR6Ts are on the probationary driver banned vehicles list (go to the vicroads website to download the files if you like) for being high powered cars: any cop worth his salt should be pinging you for driving one. Heck, any V8 is out of the question too.

So whinge all you like.

umm right now the limit is 125kw/tonne or 3.5L/tonne..

the v8, turbo, supercharged, and high powered sixes ban is being enforced as of July 1 next year.

Failed maths at school did you? For an XR6T (say 240kw) to be considered legal under the 125kw/tonne rule she'd have to weigh 1920kg from factory. Seeing as the XR6T weight is more like 1700kg, I'd say its very much a high powered vehicle, and is quite rightly on the banned vehicles list (which I assume you failed to bother looking at). Its been on this list for some time, even before any talk of any new P-plate regulations came to the fore.

Furthermore, V8s have been banned P-plater vehicles for some time too, regardless of their respective ratios.

Consider yourself owned mathematically. :roflmbo:

Since P-Platers are still alowed to drive SOME v8's Eg. Older 5.0 Litre Commy's.. Consider youself owned linguistically.

Click here for banned vehicle list in Vic

Edited by jEtONiT

• KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member For: 17y 11m 16d

I know in july (or around then) VIC roads are bring in a new law stating that no p-plater can drive any car with a turbo or a v8 regardless of the power to weight ratio.

So it dosnt matter if it old or new if its a V8 or a turbo they cant drive it.

There is a thread some where in this forum if a mod can find it and link it.