Any Ideas For Group Buys? - Window shopping for blokes...

Guest NOS XR

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 24d

Not this one.  You can also get the battery one - but I've found with these cheaper units that the battery soon dies on it so a "fully" charged battery - actually lasts for 30 sec for my former dash cam (after being continuously plugged into a charger).

Cars get pretty hot inside during summer and this causes havoc with Li-Ion batteries which can swell up.  By the way - that's normal for Li-Ion batteries to behave this way over time in hot environments.  I guess that's why some reviewers claim that capacitive dashcams are safer?

I can say that configuration parameters are stored in non-volatile memory so that settings are saved when power is removed e.g. date / time and other video / audio settings.

I've only had mine for a week or so - so I can't comment about any issues that occur over time with it.  But so far it seems okay and the price is attractive for the benefits it offers.  I've already used my previous dashcam for a near miss that my Misses had and also for one of those "TV" like side swipes of a double B with a car directly infront of me :bigeyes:  (I sent the car infront of me the footage for their insurance claim).  I guess the only times I've needed it are when the car is moving and power is applied to it (rather than running it off batteries).  

Other times where I've needed a camera for a car incident - the iPhone/Android has done the job for insurance purposes.

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Ah well - they'd only give me 5% discount.  And that's if I did the deal outside of eBay as well direct to their bank account.  Hardly worth the effort to save $3 I'm thinking (to orgainse a bulk purchase) ...

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Its a pretty good camera though the G1W-C.  Pity the seller so damn inflexible - probably gets lots of requests like mine ...

I've put in an order for 2 more anyways (did that before I posted up about the group buy by the way) - going to mount one on my rear (because of the exellent night vision) and the guys at work want one as well.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Farrkn MassDrop - I estimate I've dropped at least a cool $1k or more on it so far :roflmbo:  Thanks @Rab :omg: 

Anyways driving home tonight - caught yet another incident on the dash cam and just sent the link of the vid footage to the party affected.  Also sold one to my mate at work for his Merc which for all it cost - has no farrkn dashcam built-in.   The one I bought has really good night filming performance which is one of the reasons I bought it (actually have bought as many as 8 by now off eBay for family and friends). 

By the way - below is not the vid of the incident - just an example of the vision form the G1WC dash cam camera I took almost a year to the day :thumbsup:

The one used above has good in-car audio and good night vision for AUD $56 off eBay.  Have to buy MicroSD card separate.  I found 32GB lasts about 3 days for me as my commute into the office is only about 30-45 mins one-way depending on peak hour traffic.

Other things I've bought from MassDrop include AAA flashlights made of copper and heaps of watches (so much so I had to go buy the Wolf watch display case available on MassDrop ...)   Having said - not everything is a bargain on MassDrop.

• Like 1

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 4d

You definitely are the hero we don't deserve.

Saw nothing from the video that explained the post above, but will say "Well Done" anyway.

Will drag you into the murky depths of headphones next - it's a slippery slope and MassDrop will grease the slide

• Like 1